Last nights Dinner with Family lots of pron

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
My brother and his wife and my sister and her husband came over to play golf do some wine tasting and have dinner
DSC_0010-63.jpg

This dough has resin for 18-hrs it's a new recipe for me called Almost no knead bread it has bread flour, salt, yeast, water,beer, and white vinegar
DSC_0011-45.jpg

This is the start of a 4-hr. second rise, usually a 2-hr. rise I had to make time for golf 9 holes
DSC_0016-24.jpg

After 4-hrs, I started the Egg before we left and set low at 250* so I could get it up to 500* and start baking when we got back
DSC_0017-24.jpg

DSC_0018-20.jpg

Egg at 500* the La Cloche is pre warmed in it the Egg and the dough is in
DSC_0019-26.jpg

After 30-min. took the lid off the LoCloche to bake for 15-min. more
DSC_0027-9.jpg

DSC_0035-2.jpg

I will serve this with dinner
DSC_0029-8.jpg

DSC_0030-4.jpg

Egg at 600* for the sear, Tri-Tip with Season All seared for 2-min. a side
DSC_0031-6.jpg

DSC_0033-4.jpg

DSC_0034-2.jpg

Roasted to internal temp. of 122* approx. 20-min a side at 400*
DSC_0038-2.jpg

They jumped on this tri-tip so fast I didn't have time to take more pictures
DSC_0037.jpg

My lovely family My wife Jackie in the back next to my empty chair to her right my sister Nell to nell's right my brother Cal to his right my SI. Carol and next to Carol is my BI Chuck. They all loved the tri-tip and bread that I made and the salad, potatoes and asparagus that My wife Jackie made and the wine that Chuck and Nell brought

Bread recipe:http://www.breadtopia.com/

Ross

Very nice work. Looks like all had fun and good food to go with it. Just goes to show you what can be done with an egg.

Last edited:
Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves for sure. The Tri Tips look incredible. Hard to find around here but I have been looking. The fresh bread puts it over the top. Very Nicely Done!

Ross everything looks wonderful! Sounds like you had a perfect evening, friends, family and good food. Thanks for sharing the pics and the recipe. :wink:

Great looking stuff Ross, your bread baking is killing me, the results are excellent.

Very nice Ross. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Keven
Ross

Ross everything looks wonderful! Sounds like you had a perfect evening, friends, family and good food. Thanks for sharing the pics and the recipe. :wink:
Thanks Jeanie it was a fun cook
Ross

great stuff, ross!
Thanks Rick
Ross

Great looking stuff Ross, your bread baking is killing me, the results are excellent.
Thanks Bob
Ross

And Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts

Ross

Back