MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty7879 View Post
I may be too dumb to find it but where can I find the so called files section for these mods?
The very first post in this thread contains the Bandera 101 as an attachment.

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #17
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Then the next read is the Fire Control in the Roadmap thread. I'm gonna have to tap into that very soon.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
HempJammer
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Wow

So glad that I found this group. I have had a Bandera for about 3 yrs and love it. Found the brick trick on first Turkey, have not stopped since.
Sadly, have lost my bandera in divorce, but have a friend that is making me a custom one. Specs the same except metal. Going with 1/4 or 1/8" steel.
When I bought this I was in a pinch and thought it would work. OH MY!!!
Best smoker that I have ever worked with with, and I have on some really nice ones. Price to quality, I dont think there is any comparison.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips, especially like the firebrick lining in the firebox.
HempJammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
jaycee

Finding this page was a life saver. I am presently rebuilding my bandera. I made a charcoal basket an used it so many times I burned a hole thru my fire box lid. Ive replaced the lid and am in the process of adding fire bricks. has any one used them both in the fire box and the cooking chamber??
JC
jaycee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #20
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Yup.... should be pics of firebox lining with firebrick in the 101 document.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #21
TexasAggie97
Full Fledged Farker

Where is the "file section"? I was looking for the template for the baffle to use in conjunction with a water pan inside the smokebox. I am still using the aluminum foil mod. There used to be one, that when printed, was 2 pages with mirror-imaged layouts. The Bandera 101 doc makes reference to this file section but other than that I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance y'all!
UDS X 2 (More on the way...)
TexasAggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #22
teamwhidbey
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasaggie97 View Post
where is the "file section"? I was looking for the template for the baffle to use in conjunction with a water pan inside the smokebox. I am still using the aluminum foil mod. There used to be one, that when printed, was 2 pages with mirror-imaged layouts. The bandera 101 doc makes reference to this file section but other than that i cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance y'all!
baffle by drkthunder2000.pdf
Jenn-Air Gasser
Blackstone 36 Combo (w/air fryers)
Char-Griller 980 Gravity Feed

"Certified Baller of the MOINK"
teamwhidbey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
TexasAggie97
Full Fledged Farker

Boater thank you!! That's exactly what I was looking for!
UDS X 2 (More on the way...)
TexasAggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

its up in the first post now too.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #25
mgwerks
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
I live in Bandera and have a Bandera Smoker...sweet huh!
Howdy - I live in Bandera too, but I don't own one.

Mark

Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #26
howy61
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Split Fire Bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Finding this page was a life saver. I am presently rebuilding my bandera. I made a charcoal basket an used it so many times I burned a hole thru my fire box lid. Ive replaced the lid and am in the process of adding fire bricks. has any one used them both in the fire box and the cooking chamber??
JC
You may have already found this, but in addition to the 101 document, on the first page of this thread, I posted a picture of my firebox. All I used was a circular saw and a 7 inch cut off wheel from Home Depot.

Put bricks in both the firebox and the smoke box. Not sure how much difference they make in the smoke box, but they look good. I also reused the cinder tray from the fire box in the bottom of the smoke box to make clean up easy. Just rap the tray in foil.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp BBQ Happy Bunny V1.bmp (124.5 KB, 2845 views)

Last edited by howy61; 07-17-2009 at 01:58 PM..
howy61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #27
loperator
Got rid of the matchlight.

I just put the Bandera on my Christmas list! Nice smoker.
loperator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #28
pricerush

I can't find the Bandera anywhere. Academy showed it on their website a few weeks ago and now when I'm ready to buy it is gone and they don't have them in their stores anymore. Anyone know where I can get a new one???? Also would love to know the exact specs on this smoker haven't been able to find them online.
pricerush is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #29
howy61
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Have you ask a Manager at Academy? Alot of time they don't show up this early in the year.

If they are not going to carry them any more, look for same thing as a Char-Broil but the Char-broil name tag added $$$.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #30
CharlieHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricerush View Post
I can't find the Bandera anywhere. Academy showed it on their website a few weeks ago and now when I'm ready to buy it is gone and they don't have them in their stores anymore. Anyone know where I can get a new one???? Also would love to know the exact specs on this smoker haven't been able to find them online.
I found the Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Smoke King Deluxe at the BBQ Grill Store (www.bbqsinc.com) for $549 and the Bandera at The Grill Outlet (www.thegrilloutlet.com) for $349. There's a few other mail order places that carry them; they'll show up with a Google search.

CharlieHarper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bandera 101