Rub Suggestions, Please???

Bigpappa1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a suggestion for your favorite rub. I have plenty of recipes that I like, I'm just looking to try something new that I can buy right off the shelf (or off Amazon). I like bold and savory flavors more than sweet, if that helps. I will probably be using it on pork more than anything, probably ribs specifically. Any recommendations?

Killer Hogs is great for color, but doesn't add a whole lot of flavor by itself.
Oakridge makes some great stuff.
I use Naturiffic's Q-salt on just about everything.

Loot N Booty everything rub, Texas Oil dust Piggy bank, Mojo BBQ rub.

Arthur Bryant's meat and rib rub has been my go to lately. It's heavy on chili powder and doesn't have much sugar and virtually no sweetness. I'm biased being from KC though

I usually use a base of SPOGOS or Q-Salt and then add this rub on after

Killer Hogs is great for color, but doesn't add a whole lot of flavor by itself.
Oakridge makes some great stuff.
I use Naturiffic's Q-salt on just about everything.

I thought the same thing about Killer Hogs, but then the other day on pork chops I applied it liberally. This is when the flavor really came out and it was great. You are 100% correct it gives great color too.

Kosmos Dirty Bird is good as is Yardbird by Plowboys.

9b5ee13bca98c7541eee82f36421fadc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer to this question is Oakridge. Always. :-D

I’ve stopped buying other rubs. Their stuff is that good. And they have a ton of different options/choices.

A real savory rub for me is Big Moe Cason's Rub and can get at Academy Sports or order on line and he puts some different stuff in it .

Heath riles Garlic jP rub , Pecan rub also great

Oak ridge specials ops

Fire dancer pork rub is new one that rocking right now , like it

Dizzy Pigs Dizzy Dust or Dizzy Dust Spicy.They make a coarse grind Dizzy Dust too.

My go to homemade rub. I don't buy, I make it myself these days. I usually quadruple the recipe and it makes a big spice shaker full. Dail back the cayenne or skip if you don't like spicy.

Swede's Dry Rub

½ tbsp homemade mesquite smoked chipotle spice
½ tbsp Mustard powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar

Back