Comfort Food...

Now that looks very good
Can't by minced meat here at the moment,hoarders.

We grind our own, Titch. This was pork and brisket trimmings that we ground and froze in one pound packages.

That looks great, but I am confused. I thought the law clearly stated that mashed potatoes are compulsory with meat loaf?

My go to comfort meal for years was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn, but since changing my lifestyle to low carb I skip the mashed potatoes and corn. I would normally make a cauliflower puree, but we are out of cauliflower at the moment :shock: :-D

Thanks, Ron. I’ve looked at the site and thought about ordering one but not clear on its benefits. Does it burn longer or hotter, easier to manage fire? I can see ash cleanup being easier as well as indirect cooking? Thanks.

I'm not sure about ash cleanup since the ash falls through the basket, but it helps keep the charcoal away from the sides of the capsule, which PK recommends, and for indirect cooks, like the meatloaf, it is easier to set up the charcoal bed. I dumped in some unlit briquettes and then added 1/2 chimney of lit into half of the basket, and it ran at 275 for over three hours, and there was still charcoal left when I shut it down.

Is it really necessary? Probably not :-D, but I got it for a goo dprice and would buy one again if I needed it.

Meatloaf is one of my favorites and I still have to try one on the grill. That one looks great!

Back