Chicken Soup For The Brethren’s Soul

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
About 30 maybe 40 years ago my Mother sat down with a manual typewriter and made a cookbook of our family’s most cooked meals. Wife is watching the FBI shows (lets shoot three bad guys hey let’s go grab a beer). Anyway I got out the book. Perusing it. Lots of recipes with Accent-Oleo etc. anyway if you can boil water you can make this chicken soup. I don’t remember noodles, I remember rice.
She had a pretty cool thing she’d do with leftover chicken soup (like I said I remember rice not noodles) She would open a can of Rotel dump it in, Top the bowls with shredded cheese. Presto-Mexican Chicken Soup. Two parents 4 kids there usually weren’t much leftovers.

I think it was manual typewriter. It was Portable and in a case. No recollection of an electric

Last edited:
Ahh back in the days when they used Accent, I use it daily... Solid recipe and I bet it produces the best soup! This is a great treasure. Great soups that were simple in ingredients but full in flavor!!! Can you Imagine this with a hot steaming loaf of bread? Whoa.....

Thanks,
Greg

Ahh back in the days when they used Accent, I use it daily... Solid recipe and I bet it produces the best soup! This is a great treasure. Great soups that were simple in ingredients but full in flavor!!! Can you Imagine this with a hot steaming loaf of bread? Whoa.....

Thanks,
Greg

Spot on. Those loaves of French bread showed up a lot. Dad (rip2001) loved fresh garlic bread. Slice it in about 1” slices with a pat of oleo and garlic salt. Wrapped in foil and toasted. Dad would grab both heels.

Spot on. Those loaves of French bread showed up a lot. Dad (rip2001) loved fresh garlic bread. Slice it in about 1” slices with a pat of oleo and garlic salt. Wrapped in foil and toasted. Dad would grab both heels.

Yessir! The heels of the garlic bread and the fried chicken liver when Mom cut up and fried a whole chicken.YUM!

I love it. Ro-Tels were always a staple ingredient growing up, and my grandma still calls pretty much any type of cooking oil "Oleo".

Back