THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Just came back from working a booth at our local Home and Garden show. I saw that these "grilling experts" Mad Dog and Merrill were gonna be there so i had to check out their show.

Now don't get me wrong, their little show was very entertaining and they are a couple of very cool people that have a great passion for grilling...BUT..... lol

When they asked how long to cook a chicken to the audience I wanted to yell out "165"!!! I refrained. Then their answer was 1 hour :laugh: I almost fell out of my chair.

Last edited:
They did get me thinking about grilling tonight... Got home and it's about zero outside....time to fire out the grill! Just fired up the mini to throw on a 1.60 piece of meat. Now that's dedication or insanity, not sure which. LOL

Last edited:
I am used to cooking late. 9:30 is no problem.

That steak looks awesome by the way.

I am used to cooking late. 9:30 is no problem.

That steak looks awesome by the way.
Adam it was soooo tender and tasty...words don't described. OBTW I'd grill at 3 AM if that's the only time i had. haha I guess only us Northern folk would do it in the deep freeze though. :laugh:

Looks great, man!
Thanks peeps... Just remember pork steaks only need 45 minutes. We don't need any stinking temperature readings! :laugh:

45 min @ 225F or 45 min at 350F....got it!

What is your jerk recipe? What temp did you smoke that at ? And what internal temp.

Recipe? - No recipe. I'm so in love with Island Spice Jerk rubs i'm not even gonna try to reinvent their wheel...it's just that good. I used their all purpose rub tonight and it's flat out...out of this world.

Temp? Oh maybe 275-300 and go to 185 IT. Melt in your mouth tender and tasty. I could live on those pork steaks cooked this way. Oh...flip part way through smoking to get good caramelization on both sides.

Back