Mad Dog & Merrill.... and my late night Big $ cook!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just came back from working a booth at our local Home and Garden show. I saw that these "grilling experts" Mad Dog and Merrill were gonna be there so i had to check out their show.

Now don't get me wrong, their little show was very entertaining and they are a couple of very cool people that have a great passion for grilling...BUT..... lol

When they asked how long to cook a chicken to the audience I wanted to yell out "165"!!! I refrained. Then their answer was 1 hour :laugh: I almost fell out of my chair.

Last edited:
They did get me thinking about grilling tonight... Got home and it's about zero outside....time to fire out the grill! Just fired up the mini to throw on a 1.60 piece of meat. Now that's dedication or insanity, not sure which. LOL

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with grilling in the cold. I will be tomorrow.

I am used to cooking late. 9:30 is no problem.

That steak looks awesome by the way.

I am used to cooking late. 9:30 is no problem.

That steak looks awesome by the way.
Adam it was soooo tender and tasty...words don't described. OBTW I'd grill at 3 AM if that's the only time i had. haha I guess only us Northern folk would do it in the deep freeze though. :laugh:

Looks great, man!
Thanks peeps... Just remember pork steaks only need 45 minutes. We don't need any stinking temperature readings! :laugh:

What is your jerk recipe? What temp did you smoke that at ? And what internal temp.

45 min @ 225F or 45 min at 350F....got it!

What is your jerk recipe? What temp did you smoke that at ? And what internal temp.

Recipe? - No recipe. I'm so in love with Island Spice Jerk rubs i'm not even gonna try to reinvent their wheel...it's just that good. I used their all purpose rub tonight and it's flat out...out of this world.

Temp? Oh maybe 275-300 and go to 185 IT. Melt in your mouth tender and tasty. I could live on those pork steaks cooked this way. Oh...flip part way through smoking to get good caramelization on both sides.

Back