Pork & Brew, Rio Rancho NM 3/26-3/27

watg?

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Any Brethren planning to attend this event as a cook or a spectator?.......anyone?......

My husband and I are catching a flight from Atlanta tomorrow night. We're both judging and I'm taking my camera so I can hopefully add some more pictures to my 2010 BBQ albums. :grin: Julie

My husband and I are catching a flight from Atlanta tomorrow night. We're both judging
Julie, "thank you" to you and your husband for judging! We can't do what we do without the judges! :thumb:

Good luck to you and Vince!! We are rooting for our Arizona Brethren to show well. See ya'll in Scottsdale in a few weeks.
Thanks, Smitty! Hope we can deliver. :cool: Scottsdale's going to be another fun show, a great field shaping up.

Any Brethren planning to attend this event as a cook or a spectator?.......anyone?......
Sure wish we could make this one George, but it just wasnt meant to be for us. Have fun out there.

Best of luck to Rhythm n' Que and McFrankenboo BBQ. We know you'll do AZ proud.

Best of luck to all other Brethren making the trip.

Travel safe!

I heard a rumor that winds up to 70mph are being experienced right now, silt/dust is everywhere and that the judges tent collapsed.

I heard a rumor that winds up to 70mph are being experienced right now, silt/dust is everywhere and that the judges tent collapsed.

Damn, hope that is not true. The weather has always been spectacular when I'm there but of course that is always in early October.

Sounds like they canceled today and are moving it to a sat and Sunday comp. because of the winds.

We are getting that very same wind storm moving through here.....we've had 50-60 mph gusts. Hope they can make it happen. Winds were said to calm down by 8 PM, but we still have em howling here at 10 PM.

Judges' tent was indeed lowered, FD is supposed to be there tonight to determine if it can be raised again or if turn-ins will be moved to City Hall.

The wind had dropped enough by 7ish that we could start trying to pitch camp -- we'd been at the venue since a bit after 3 this afternoon, but the wind was still too stiff and there was dirt blowing everywhere. We had snow showers on us while setting up. Since we were last in, we got meat inspection after the cooks' meeting, about 8:30 -- how's that for a start schedule? Temp in the 30s when we finished meat prep, no worries about having enough ice THIS weekend.

Thanks for the luck, Crash, we're going to need every bit we can get.

Back