MAK Grills on sale (rare opportunity)

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well that super secret part you're testing isn't on the market yet, is it? If it is they need to update their website.

It’s not super secret... lol. I don’t expect anything HUGE, but I do believe we’ll see further enhancements than just the roaming probe.

Mini Mak???????

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mini Mak???????

Memphis Elite

The latest from MAK when asked last month about the Mini:

“It is indeed a long wait. :( At this time we have had the prototype burned in; the Flamezone system tested; the MAK PAK modules tested; the components have been fitted and most of the logic for the new Pellet Boss (new design for the smaller model) has been dialed in.

We are working to ensure that our Thermocue technology is flawless and this is where the hold up is at the moment.

We are hoping for a 2020 release date.”

The latest from MAK when asked last month about the Mini:

“It is indeed a long wait. :( At this time we have had the prototype burned in; the Flamezone system tested; the MAK PAK modules tested; the components have been fitted and most of the logic for the new Pellet Boss (new design for the smaller model) has been dialed in.

We are working to ensure that our Thermocue technology is flawless and this is where the hold up is at the moment.

We are hoping for a 2020 release date.”

Yikes...2020?!?!?

Wonder if the new 2 stars will have higher heat output or other improvements?

Memphis Elite

Yikes...2020?!?!?

Wonder if the new 2 stars will have higher heat output or other improvements?

Memphis Elite

Bob Tucker said that the "official announcement" will be coming out very soon :)

I doubt that we'll see higher heat output. I rarely cook hotter than 450 and find that to be plenty hot. MAK does not have a sear zone like your Memphis, so hotter temps would not be as beneficial. I can tell you that a set temp of 450 on my MAK (with Flame Zone covers removed) gives me a cooking surface temp of right around 600... plenty hot for daily grilling. Any hotter than that (the "Grill" setting), and I have actually experienced flareups. I just don't think MAK has a plan to create a "sear zone"... at least not from the vibe I have gotten.

I called and talked to MAK. They've taken the heat governor from 500* to 600*, updated the controller and firmware, upgraded the probes, added a grease overflow port, added adjustable upper racks, and changed a few design issues to make it easier to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's from the email after our conversation

Some of the features of the new model include a roaming thermocouple, increased cooking capacity with 2 extra slide-in rack brackets, K-style meat probes, and an updated firmware version for our Pellet Boss controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For current owners are these changes worth buying the new model (price is increasing $100) or snapping up a 2018 on sale and saving $600? It’s a huge investment for me and I dont want to suffer from “buyers remorse” if I order a 2018.

Back