MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #1996
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Been quiet here lately! Ordered short ribs from crowd cow to try them out. Smoked with black ops rub for about 4.5 hours and then wrapped. Got sidetracked and over cooked them by at least an hour...tasty, but didn’t care for the texture

Had two chick breasts to go along with homemade baked Mac and cheese, but dog took off running with one of them:(

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #1997
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

^^^^Boom^^^^
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #1998
cajunrph
Knows what a fatty is.

My first Low and Slow on my Grilla Grill Silverback. Burnt Grilla Comp blend for half the cool set at 235. Two racks of St Louis style Ribs and a Pork Butt. On one rack of ribs I used Ray Lampe's #67 rub and on the other rack Grilla Grills AP rub. On the pork butt my sister gave me a jar of Momma G's uncommon Butt Rub last year and I used that. I did a 2-1-1 on the ribs. After two hours I pulled the ribs and on the one with #67 rub I slathered on some Stubb's BBQ sauce, on the Grilla AP one I stuck to the Grilla Thick and Bold. Wrapped them and back on for an hour. Unwrapped and cooked about another hour till done.

The ribs were great. Some of the best I've ever done. If not the best. The one with the #67 rub was better. I'm going to do a three way test on my Silverback, Egg and the Weber Kettle set up for indirect and see which one is better. The ribs were so good I want to beat them on a manual smokers. Haha.

After the ribs were pulled I was just about out of pellets, I started the smoke with the pellets up the the grate in the hopper. I was heading out on a dinner date so I added a bag of Post Oak B&B pellets, the dinner date was set up after I started the smoke. The pork butt was at 150ish when I left. I got back and it was around 160ish. I planned on letting it ride and not wrapping it. I hooked up a thermometer with a remote sensor so I could monitor it from the bedroom. At 11pm the butt was at just 175-180. Initially I set the alert for 195. I changed it to 205 thinking I'd at least get some sleep. Well it never got to 205. Reached 204 about 5am and never got to the alert setting. I pulled it are 7am. Gonna have some pulled pork today and what's left or the Ribs my son didn't kill off. Haha. All in all a great smoke.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #1999
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrph View Post
My first Low and Slow on my Grilla Grill Silverback. Burnt Grilla Comp blend for half the cool set at 235. Two racks of St Louis style Ribs and a Pork Butt. On one rack of ribs I used Ray Lampe's #67 rub and on the other rack Grilla Grills AP rub. On the pork butt my sister gave me a jar of Momma G's uncommon Butt Rub last year and I used that. I did a 2-1-1 on the ribs. After two hours I pulled the ribs and on the one with #67 rub I slathered on some Stubb's BBQ sauce, on the Grilla AP one I stuck to the Grilla Thick and Bold. Wrapped them and back on for an hour. Unwrapped and cooked about another hour till done.

The ribs were great. Some of the best I've ever done. If not the best. The one with the #67 rub was better. I'm going to do a three way test on my Silverback, Egg and the Weber Kettle set up for indirect and see which one is better. The ribs were so good I want to beat them on a manual smokers. Haha.

After the ribs were pulled I was just about out of pellets, I started the smoke with the pellets up the the grate in the hopper. I was heading out on a dinner date so I added a bag of Post Oak B&B pellets, the dinner date was set up after I started the smoke. The pork butt was at 150ish when I left. I got back and it was around 160ish. I planned on letting it ride and not wrapping it. I hooked up a thermometer with a remote sensor so I could monitor it from the bedroom. At 11pm the butt was at just 175-180. Initially I set the alert for 195. I changed it to 205 thinking I'd at least get some sleep. Well it never got to 205. Reached 204 about 5am and never got to the alert setting. I pulled it are 7am. Gonna have some pulled pork today and what's left or the Ribs my son didn't kill off. Haha. All in all a great smoke.

Seems there may be something special happening between you and the Grilla [emoji7]. lol!

Killer cooks, and as far as the ribs, I wholeheartedly agree... pellet smoked ribs are darn near impossible to beat. Every time I smoke up a batch of ribs and sink my teeth into them my thought... “this is insane, how can it be so easy AND sooooo good?”
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #2000
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Quote:

Great looking inaugural cook right there!!

Memphis Elite

Old 02-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #2001
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

The pork butt bark looks great!

Old 02-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #2002
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Excellent looking cook Cajun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #2003
cajunrph
Knows what a fatty is.

Today's smoke was some Chicken wings, store bought stuffed jalapeńos and Moinks. The Moinks I added some mozzarella and parmesan cheese as well as an egg. Seasoned the meat with some That's Incredible from Heaven Made products and dusted with Ray Lampe's #67 BBQ rub recipe. I also made some Ray Lampe Orange Chipotle BBQ sauce. Let me tell ya those Moinks were the best ones I've ever had. I'm gonna need a bigger fridge for all the food I'm cooking. Haha.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:10 PM   #2004
rwalters

Quote:
Today's smoke was some Chicken wings, store bought stuffed jalapeńos and Moinks. The Moinks I added some mozzarella and parmesan cheese as well as an egg. Seasoned the meat with some That's Incredible from Heaven Made products and dusted with Ray Lampe's #67 BBQ rub recipe. I also made some Ray Lampe Orange Chipotle BBQ sauce. Let me tell ya those Moinks were the best ones I've ever had. I'm gonna need a bigger fridge for all the food I'm cooking. Haha.

Someone’s eating well today!! [emoji16]

Old 02-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #2005
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Good looking food there!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #2006
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

a 2.8 lb free range organic chicken

Old 02-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #2007
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Did a chef Tom recipe pork butt today after the thread here about YouTube channels we like got me wanting to try something different....so I injected a butt with sweet water spice smoked apple spice brine (diluted down with water). Yardbird and cattleman’s smoky chipotle coffee rub...

6 hours at 230...believe this is the sweet spot for my Memphis. I get good, almost continuous smoke like this

Wrapped and bumped to 325 for about 2 1/2 hours...8 1/2 hours total cook for an almost 11lb butt

I think about every recipe I’ve tried from chef Tom doesn’t disappoint and this one is no different. Never tasted a butt like this before...it was quite good and didn’t need any sauce

Memphis Elite

Old 02-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #2008
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
Did a chef Tom recipe pork butt today after the thread here about YouTube channels we like got me wanting to try something different....so I injected a butt with sweet water spice smoked apple spice brine (diluted down with water). Yardbird and cattleman’s smoky chipotle coffee rub...

6 hours at 230...believe this is the sweet spot for my Memphis. I get good, almost continuous smoke like this

Wrapped and bumped to 325 for about 2 1/2 hours...8 1/2 hours total cook for an almost 11lb butt

I think about every recipe I’ve tried from chef Tom doesn’t disappoint and this one is no different. Never tasted a butt like this before...it was quite good and didn’t need any sauce

Memphis Elite

That sounds and looks awfully tasty!

Old 02-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #2009
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom b View Post
a 2.8 lb free range organic chicken