Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Jasper Strassenfest Barbeque Contest, Jasper, IN - July 31 & August 1, 2009

ov1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
4 weeks to go and we are sitting at 16 paid entries. There is room for plenty of teams yet and we still need a few more Judges. Should be a great time.

Sounds like it is going to be a great event - we are looking forward to being there!

I'll be there. I was just in Jasper last weekend. I thought it may be too early to stake out my site, though..hehe

Hey Ottie, The Flying Burritos will be there. How early on Thursday may we set up camp?

Blackie tells me Jasper is spending about $10k on getting elec. and water to the site. I hope all goes well. I think you will probably get over 30 teams. I know a few locals will be entering.

P.S. Call Mader B.
Good luck in Kettering!

Any possibility of waiving the late fee for this one? It's over 400 miles for us and we could use the money for gas.

21 teams and counting!

Ottie is there a link to where we can see the teams that have signed up for the contest? If not could you post the list on the forum?

Thank you!

Dallas

2 Weeks to go and 25 paid teams. I will post the teams later this weekend. 15 more slots for those of you thinking about it.

Here is the lineup so far.

ZZ Que
Monty Pigthon & The Holy Grill
The Flying Burritos
Sonny Ja's
Kentucky Kookers
Edgar County Food & Bev.
Tri Fecta BBQ
Ribs & Bibs
Smoky River BBQ
StinkEye BBQ
Ole Man Larry's
Pig Pak
Acme BBQ
Son Seekers
Shadetree Cooks
Quau
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Barnyard BBQ
Fowl Butt BBQ
Pig Dawg
HIckory Flats
The Ribberbest Gang
Double D's BBQ
Getta Que
Rock River BBQ

Steel Smokin BBQ
Butt Bubbers BBQ
Who Are Those Guys?

Up to 28

Insane Charcoal Posse
Redneck Grillers

That makes 30! There may be a few more teams yet.

30 and counting- Great turn-out for a 1st time event!!!!
That is because I hear there will be scantily clad German women serving beer to the contestants. And if that is only a rumor, then I think we need to contact Ottie and have him consider this!! :shock:

Let's just hope they don't resemble the old East German Women's Olympic Team! Scantily clad or not that's just too much to handle!:eek:

Back