weber genesis

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
anyone got info, etc on repairing , overhauling the older weber genesis gas grills ? i think mine is a 2000 type. thanks,

What do you want to know? Weber customer service is great!

My old 1000 is still running strong.

JimT

just if anyone bought a used one and brought it back to life and how and what was done. just lookin for a heads up before i start.

Pics would help!
Weber Genesis are very easy to refurbish, you just need to know which model you have.

Genesis Silver C
IMG_0216.jpg

Weber Junior
100_1711.jpg

Genesis Silver B
100_2775.jpg

Another Silver B
100_2101.jpg

Weber 1000
100_1722.jpg

My Weber 1000 Coffee Roaster
100_3078.jpg

Bookmark this link for all your Weber Charcoal and Gas grill rehabs.
http://www.weberbbq.com/publicSchematic/Default.aspx

Once you know the model you have the schematics will help you in identifying any parts you may need. Pretty much all in the way of tools needed are phillips screwdriver and a 7/16" wrench. The Weber homepage has downloadable instruction manuals if you need them too. I will scour CL for old freebie Webers just for some hard to find parts or use the frames for rolling carts.

Lets see some before and after pics!

firebox has a lifetime guarantee, just call em up if the firebox if bad and they'll send a new one right out, burners 10 year guarantee, a wire brush and some barbecue paint, steel wool and detergent on the porcelain, will look like new

I fixed up a Weber Genesis 1000, easy to make it like new. I put stainless steel burniners in it, new knobs and a new starter. It sat for most of its life without a cover... so all of the wood on it was rotten. I made all new slats and a new lid handle from a board of cypress and sealed them with a deck sealant.

should last another 20 years or so :)

thanks guys. i havn't found the model tag. any ideas? far as i can figure its a 2000. looks like the brown one but with wood slats. i'm waiting for some good weather to start into it. i'll ask more when i get into it more. thanks,

If you go to thier website they will show illustrations with stuff like"does your product look like this? or this?"

It's pretty self explanatory for the most part. My Genesis is about 12 now. Still has the original ignitor, got new shelves, flavorizor bars, cast iron grates, and burners a couple years back, but about all I use it now for is storage for BGE accessories!:biggrin:

ok, found the tag under but on the burner control panel. interesting as mine looks like the gen 3000 manual. the tag states that my mod is 470000 but it doesn't look like the gen 4000 model manual. go figure. weber doesn't accept the ser number. will call. i'm getting jazzed.

thanks richard, i did. i got stuff on mine that looks like its from the cheapest gen 1000 to stuff on the gen 4000. getting to be fun actually.
what do ya'll use to clean the inside? oven cleaner ? thanks,t

here's a pic of my new $50.00 Genesis 1000

Sweet deal at $50, and will outlast/outperform many new grills on the market today :)

I have a question to all you Weber experts out there.

My Weber Genesis is red, and looks exactly like the one above, except for the wire shelf at the bottom, mine has the wood slats like the side shelf. I noticed on the user guide for the Gen 1000 from weber.com it also shows a wire shelf. Does that mean I have an earlier version? Maybe a Genesis 1?

Try to post a pic tonight.

Not to hijack your thread.
My genesis was bought in '93. Everything is good except the frame. Anyone know about rebuilding the frames?
Sorry for the sidebar. Good luck with the refirb.

Not to hijack your thread.
My genesis was bought in '93. Everything is good except the frame. Anyone know about rebuilding the frames?
Sorry for the sidebar. Good luck with the refirb.

I picked up an old Weber 3000 (3 burner w/side burner) and the bottom was so corroded I ended up trashing it. The previous owner has used all-thread rods through some of the frame parts where the welds had broken and it is pretty sturdy. I made a tabletop for it and added a burner.

Brian, of all your Weber gassers, does one model jump out as a favorite, or just better?

One more question, what is that silver ring on the Performer kettle?

Thanks

100_1722.jpg

Thanks, I hadn't seen a 2000 before. But my grill does not have the right hand shelf next to the burner controls... Im thinking someone may have bought two replacement slat inserts and replaced the wire shelf.

BTW, did Weber mark the model number anywhere on them? Ive looked but didn't see any.

Back