• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket in chili - question on brisket prep

B

Buster Dog BBQ

So a buddy of mine wants me to smoke a brisket for him to add into his chili. I was just going to vacuum pack it when I am done. However, I got to thinking. If he is going to make it on Thursday, should I leave the brisket whole, or have him get it after it has sat in the cooler for a couple hours then take home and cut how he wants then?

So a buddy of mine wants me to smoke a brisket for him to add into his chili. I was just going to vacuum pack it when I am done. However, I got to thinking. If he is going to make it on Thursday, should I leave the brisket whole, or have him get it after it has sat in the cooler for a couple hours then take home and cut how he wants then?[/quote

Depends on when you're gonna smoke it for him...If you're doing it a few days before I'd just leave it whole (minus a few test slices :twisted:) and put it in the fridge...that way he can cut it up to his own size. If you're doing it today I'd freeze it.

For sure leave it whole. I diced one up a couple of days ahead of time and it dried out too much for the chili.

Back