MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
bover
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Summertime veggies and burgers (pr0n)

I was really hoping to make this my first Throwdown entry, but ended up barely missing the deadline. Hope y'all enjoy.

I picked up my weekly CSA share on Saturday and wanted to try grilling some of these fresh veggies. Everything turned out fantastic, and if you have never tried grilling beets I would highly recommend you go out and do it immediately. I'm normally not a big beet fan, but these were amazing. Sweet, savory, smokey and just incredibly delicious.

Peeled the beets and sliced them in to 1/4" rounds, then marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried rosemary for about three hours then grilled until tender:

Had a bunch of zucchini and a couple baby yellow squashes, so they got cooked up too. 1/4" slices marinated in olive oil and Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub for about three hours then grilled until tender:

Shot of the finished veggies:

Then came the burgers, seasoned with just salt, pepper, and a touch of wooster. I topped mine with some horseradish & chive havarti:

And here's the money shot. Burger served on an onion bun and topped with romaine, slice of home grown tomato, and homemade garlic pickles. Side of grilled beets and squash along with some homemade mustard potato salad:

If that don't scream summertime, I don't know what does. Thanks for looking!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
ha-ben-arrow
On the road to being a farker

Great looking veggies, never tried grilled beets. May have to give them a go.
ha-ben-arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Sunra
is one Smokin' Farker

That looks great nothing like grilled veggies.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great looking stuff!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote