stuffed hamburgers

mozzarella and roasted peppers
various cheeses

Top with fried egg instead of stuff.

Has anyone mentioned bacon?

Any thing that is good ON a burger is likely to be good IN a burger.

CD

What have you tried in the past?

Some ideas...

Bacon
Jalapeños
bacon
sautéed onions
bacon
sun dried tomatoes
bacon
sautéed mushrooms
bacon

WHile I agree that bacon is fantastic, I think its best crispy and it gets gummy when its inside of something and not directly exposed to heat. Just my $0.02

That's why you cook it first (the bacon)...then stuff it in the burger.:wink:
This is what I have done. I have put the bacon in the oven to cook, then I actually crumble it and mix it into the hamburger meat. I don't necessarily stuff the burger with it. Don't know if it would give a more uniform texture and taste as compared to a big chunk of bacon...
I have tried stuffing the burger with just cheese though, was "ok."

what devices are you guys using to stuff your burgers? just your hands? i can see that being frustrating and messy. i bought a burger patty maker that ive been dying to use, maybe i will try using it for stuffed hamburgers.

what devices are you guys using to stuff your burgers? just your hands? i can see that being frustrating and messy. i bought a burger patty maker that ive been dying to use, maybe i will try using it for stuffed hamburgers.
I have a press that I use. It's similar to a standard hamburger press, but it is a little taller on the cylinder wall. My wife bought mine for me from either Kroger or Walmart for Father's Day. It was only like 5 or 6 bucks.

The lid to a mason jar . Press some in, then add filling then 2nd 1/2 of meat. Push through ring and done.

Great for just making perfect patties too.

A lot of good ideas here...

But....

I can not believe no one has mentioned bacon (precooked of course)!!! :mrgreen:

Back