MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #16
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Another great video, just wish you could pass some of those ribs through the screen.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #17
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
I always watch "the abridged" version, but good one again. Ribs were super thin (like really thin) and one isn't a big sample size to really determine if spritz is good/bad. But a good start. I like pickle juice/hot sauce if I spritz. Would be interesting to see multiple shots at this with thicker ribs to get a better sample size.

Maybe in my abridged watching I missed the wrapping, but did you wrap? The fast forward "scroll view" showed no wrapping at all which then really isn't comp style (in today's sense) and a little misleading. But I get titles and youtube to draw views . Lot's of great restaurants run naked and spritz, but the comp in the title to me isn't accurate at all. Also comp finishing at the end gets sauce, extra rub, and a bunch of other things.

Thanks Jason. Like I explained in the "full version" ;-) of the video, yes, one rack was in particular was thinner. It was in the middle of the 3 pack and I couldn't see it till I got home. I also explained there was a reason we didn't wrap. The idea was to isolate and exaggerate the effect...which I'm glad we did because it was still pretty hard to tell the difference.

Regarding the title being misleading, remember the title wasn't "Competition ribs"...it was "Competition Style ribs experiment: Spritzing vs no spritz| Does Spritzing matter? | Lone Star Grillz" I don't feel like that's misleading at all. In fact, I actually feel like it's too darn wordy and specific. lol. In the video, I explained that this was a part of a series to test experiment with different competition methods used and hopefully develop a body of work we can all benefit from.

Regarding your point on the small sample size...Yeah, I totally agree. i guess we'll have to try again. Oh darn :-)

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 12-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #18
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthamm View Post
Good video but I have a short attention span for most youtube videos over 5-10 minutes. Verdict: spritz is equivalent to no spritz except when sugar is in the mix. Makes sense. Liquid evaporates leaving the sugar behind.
I would’ve thought that too but That really wasn’t what happened. The Apple cider vinegar and apple juice has sugar in it but didn’t seem any different then the one without spritz.

Side note: I would make shorter the videos if I could get away with it but YouTube doesn’t promote them or put them as high in the search results all other things being equal. It annoying.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]

Old 12-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #19
OferL
is One Chatty Farker

Good clip. I like the chemistry between you and T-Roy. It works well in all the videos I've seen. You look like you really have fun cooking together.
OferL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #20
Pork Floyd
Knows what a fatty is.

This isn’t Relevant to your text but I have considered spritzing with lightly salted water. Meat needs some salt to help it tast good.
Pork Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #21
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Good clip. I like the chemistry between you and T-Roy. It works well in all the videos I've seen. You look like you really have fun cooking together.
Thank you. We met through YouTube but it feels like I’ve known him forever. He’s a really great person.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 PM   #22
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Floyd View Post
This isn’t Relevant to your text but I have considered spritzing with lightly salted water. Meat needs some salt to help it tast good.
Yes that was something I was considering. If not salt water, then just something salty like pickle juice.

Tags
lone star grillz, LSG, ribs, spare ribs, Spritzing