MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #46
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Jeanie I never doubted your chicken fried steak would be amazing but to make it out of a rib eye... holy cow girl you really outdid yourself on this one.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-22-2019, 05:54 PM   #47
16Adams

And cook...

Last edited by 16Adams; 09-23-2019 at 08:50 PM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #48
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
I was in Lubbock a few weeks ago and had a Green Chile Chicken Fried Steak. It was really farking good.
I bet it was great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I'd be cool with weighing 400 pounds if I could eat that daily. My wife and I both love love love CFS but it's a very rare treat around here...but!...there is a holiday weekend coming up, right?...

That looks so good, Jeanie & I love the ribeye mod! I'll be having these pix floating through my head for a long time.
Thanks Greg! Hope you all try it this weekend. The ribeye was really tasty for a change. Maybe I was just hungry though. lol
Hope you're having a great week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
I was saying to myself "she did WHAT to that ribeye?" when I saw the first picture, then I saw the rest of the pics, now you got me thinking about smashing a ribeye! That meal looks great! Don't ever cook broccoli, you'll have me trying that too...
lol I like broccoli, but rarely cook it. Not sure why! Thanks for the kind comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtnate View Post
That looks good, now I won't be able to stop thinking of one before I cook some.
Heck, that's what happened to me! I couldn't get it out of my mind til I finally made one. lol Take pics when you do, if you get the time. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogGrog View Post
Tremendous!

I wanna ride on your gravy train with biscuit wheels!
lol Thanks Greg!!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-22-2019, 06:23 PM   #49
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGEChicago View Post
That is one amazing meal!!!
Thanks Greg! Kind of Oklahoma diner style. Steak has to be bigger than your plate. lol
I always judge a diner by their chickenfried steaks and fried catfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
Jeanie I never doubted your chicken fried steak would be amazing but to make it out of a rib eye... holy cow girl you really outdid yourself on this one.
Thanks so much Bill!! I'll be using ribeye again in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
And cook...
Thanks Adams!

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #50
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Default A Chickenfried Steak

Uummm. Uuummmm. Good. I’d like to think I’ve got a pretty good history with OK diner food... Jeanie, there are some fine chicken frys around but not like that one. Home run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2019, 09:44 PM   #51
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

"Breakfast at Jeanie's" ~Would put the early am line outside Franklin BBQ to shame.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #52
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Ring,ring,ring.Hello Jeanie,this is James Beard calling.Could we possibly send our private Gulfstream 550 to Oklahoma to fly you back to Nu Yawk City for a ceremony celebrating you showing EVERYONE on this forum how to cook?!!! DARNNITTGURL!!!!! You NEVER cease to AMAZE me.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #53
Dplorable
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

Just friggin awesome!
Dplorable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #54
farmer-fred
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Tom
Thumbs up

Just luv me some chickenfried steak for breakfast or any other meal for that matter. Very few places around her can do it well, some even use ground beef pattys to make it. Thanks for posting.
Weber Performer Premium Copper with Vortex Cone & Onlyfire stainless rotisserie ring, Weber Smokey Joe, Trail Embers Triple Function Smoker with Hunsaker Vortex Fire Basket, Kitchen Aid Stainless Gasser, Q-Master Senior Temp Controller, Inkbird IRF-2S Digital Thermometer. Little Griddle GQ230 100% Stainless Steel griddle attachment, Pellet Pro 1190 Pellet Grill With searing station.
farmer-fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 08:48 AM   #55
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

One of my favorites as a kid and still is!! Yours, of course, is a couple of levels up from anything I have ever had, and now I am craving that along with the catfish from earlier. You really nailed this one!
ronbrad62 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 09:29 AM   #56
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Jeanie, that had to be the best chicken fried steak in the world, if you used a ribeye!! Food looks really good!

Old 08-23-2019, 10:03 AM   #57
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Sandra will cook CFS about twice a year and will mention to her about using a ribeye.

I always said the main reason to hunt deer was CFS from the backstrap. It's been a few years since I've last hunted so maybe the ribeye idea will be a good substitute.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #58
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinstaggs View Post
Uummm. Uuummmm. Good. I’d like to think I’ve got a pretty good history with OK diner food... Jeanie, there are some fine chicken frys around but not like that one. Home run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Heck, Kevin! You know what I'm talkin' about. Oklahoma diner chickenfried steaks can be anything from amazing, to frozen hockey pucks. lol Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InThePitBBQ View Post
"Breakfast at Jeanie's" ~Would put the early am line outside Franklin BBQ to shame.
Very kind of you Bob!! Made my day.. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Ring,ring,ring.Hello Jeanie,this is James Beard calling.Could we possibly send our private Gulfstream 550 to Oklahoma to fly you back to Nu Yawk City for a ceremony celebrating you showing EVERYONE on this forum how to cook?!!! DARNNITTGURL!!!!! You NEVER cease to AMAZE me.
lol Thanks so much Hoss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dplorable View Post
Just friggin awesome!
Thank you Rick! It turned out pretty tasty. I hope to make another one soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer-fred View Post
Just luv me some chickenfried steak for breakfast or any other meal for that matter. Very few places around her can do it well, some even use ground beef pattys to make it. Thanks for posting.
Thanks Tom! Ground beef patties sound different. I've had hamburger steaks in diners, but not sure if I've ran across one that was chickenfried. Might have to give it a try!

Old 08-23-2019, 01:10 PM   #59
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
One of my favorites as a kid and still is!! Yours, of course, is a couple of levels up from anything I have ever had, and now I am craving that along with the catfish from earlier. You really nailed this one!
Thanks Ron! Wonder how a chickenfry topped with catfish would taste. lol You've got me thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoQ View Post
Jeanie, that had to be the best chicken fried steak in the world, if you used a ribeye!! Food looks really good!
Thank you Jeremy! I really like the ribeye. I've always used round, but this, I will do again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot View Post
Sandra will cook CFS about twice a year and will mention to her about using a ribeye.

I always said the main reason to hunt deer was CFS from the backstrap. It's been a few years since I've last hunted so maybe the ribeye idea will be a good substitute.
I love chickenfried venison!

Old 08-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #60
jeffturnerjr
is One Chatty Farker

NOW THAT is breakfast friend!!!!!