Cooking Chicken on the Grill

Sure that's not a turkey?! :wink:

Sweet and tangy goes well with chicken IMO. For home cooking I would choose something off the shelf from the grocery store.

10 pound chicken......?

Make sure it is not a stewing hen, it'll be like eating shoe leather, stewing hens need to braise for hours until it falls apart.

The flavor of chicken is light, but goes well with a little sweet and a little heat. For grocery store sauce I'd try Stubb's Original for mild, or Stubb's Sweet Heat for lightly spicy. Choose something to you liking and roll with it.

Whatever sauce you use, esp. if it's sugar based - wait till yer close to the end of the cook. Most sauces will burn.

Rather than saucing it, you could baste it with butter. Or bacon grease - I get great results with that. If you've used a salty rub be careful with that though.

I prefer Carolina Treet as a marinade and baste, but I gotta order it online and I'd be surprised if it's available where you're at, I'm sure there's fine stuff in the grocery store, but I'm not aware of what that would be. Maybe start off with Sweet Baby Ray's and tweak it to your liking.

That's a big farking chicken btw! :shocked:

Sounds like a capon, I personally would spatchcock and bard with bacon. You could serve with a sauce however sauce not needed during the cooking process.

Never seen a 10 lb chicken where did you get that

Back