Rain out

Knothead

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Since its been raining here for 3 days I was thinking what do you do if you are scheduled to cater an event and it gets rained out. What if they reschedule the event for a day you have booked for something else. Never really thought about it or had it happen just wondering how to handle it.

I always have it in the contract that I have them sign and return that if there is a cancellation, there is a charge if it's within a certain time. Normally 1 week prior. If they wanted to reschedule, they would have to find a date that worked with the people that are already booked.

My contract states that it is their responsibility to have a rain back up plan be it a tent, inside location or whatever. I'm not loosing money because they do not want to have their event due to rain. If my client is having a event that rain will affect and there is no way for them to have a back up plan then I recommend they purchase a rain insurance policy. This is also one reason why I require full payment 10 days prior to a event. 1) I don't like chasing them down for payment at the end of a event when I'm tired and ready to go home and 2) It's far enough out that they can't determine the weather and decide not to pay me because it's probably going to rain and they've decided to cancel.

My contract states that it is their responsibility to have a rain back up plan be it a tent, inside location or whatever. I'm not loosing money because they do not want to have their event due to rain. If my client is having a event that rain will affect and there is no way for them to have a back up plan then I recommend they purchase a rain insurance policy. This is also one reason why I require full payment 10 days prior to a event. 1) I don't like chasing them down for payment at the end of a event when I'm tired and ready to go home and 2) It's far enough out that they can't determine the weather and decide not to pay me because it's probably going to rain and they've decided to cancel.

That's a good idea. I never would of thought of that.

It sounds like we are NOT the only ones that have had these experiences and have them covered in our contracts. :thumb: :clap2:

Back