MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch
Talking You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018

61 DAYS till the Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash

Yep, you're all invited, including your family and friends, to Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018.
The Bash will be at:

Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

October 27, 2018

It is near Temple TX. Nice location, great facilities and easy in and out. There is a large Pavilion that we will be under with quite a few picnic tables.
With on-site restrooms, electricity and running water at the hose bib. Please go ahead and bring your camp chairs and coolers if you like.

If you want to bring a cooker of any type that's great. If not, we should have space somewhere if you want to bring something to cook.
And if you just want to hang out, possibly have a few adult beverages and partake in some great food and Q, well that's OK too.

This year I will be bringing my R&V Deep Fryer!! Paul will have his Shirley. Who knows what SmittyJonz is going to show up with! Kelley and Bruce will be cooking on Big Green Eggs. Jay, aka Ag76, will bring his trailer mounted off set. Richard and Charlotte are cooking on their BGE MiniMAx. And Dennis ,aka Blythewood BBQ'er, has something!

So just click on the sign up sheet "LINK" in my Signature Line and let us know who's coming please.

Or just post, in this thread, that you are coming and we can sign you up! It's that simple!

We will be there pretty much all day. Any questions just let us know.
Paul, pjteaxas1, is a local and can answer pretty much any question about the area.

There is a local RV Park just across the Dam if you would like to bring an RV or pitch a tent.

I do recommend getting a reservation ASAP!
(Only 10 sites open as of this posting!)

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/l...O&parkId=71264

So go ahead sign up and we will see you there !!

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025

Last edited by Ron_L; 08-26-2018 at 01:00 PM..
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Look at the list of those attending... you do NOT want to miss this one!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

And FYI, for those who are guests on this forum, you are welcome to attend also!
Just let us know if you will be there. Just show up early and hungry!

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Oh man I can't wait. I'm bringing a double rack uds to do some pork butts. What else would a Carolina boy cook in Texas! Can't wait to get to this Bash!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/URL]
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #5
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
Oh man I can't wait. I'm bringing a double rack uds to do some pork butts. What else would a Carolina boy cook in Texas! Can't wait to get to this Bash!
With all you got going on at The Bash I think I'll pause eating on Wednesday or Thursday and then catch back up at The Bash!!

Let's be sure and put all of the cooks in the sign up sheet. This will let others know who is cooking what and how much. As it looks now we may need to divert of few bus loads of tourists to Outlook Pavilion.

I see some beef ribs possibly from James, beardedbassguy.
And I'm thinking SmittyJonz is good for his famous meatloaf and SPAM!
Shelly and I will bring one of our newest recipes, Texas Pecan Rub BBQ cookies along with Deep Fried Rum Shooters, bacon wrapped jalapeno tots and DeepFried Conecuh Sausage Bites.

What are you cooking / bringing to The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash?

Old 08-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
LYU370

Flights are booked! Can't wait.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Flights are booked! Can't wait.
Watch out! You may need to do some explaining why you are bringing the Jeppson's Malört once you get off the Plane. Good luck with that here in Texas!

Old 08-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
Watch out! You may need to do some explaining why you are bringing the Jeppson's Malört once you get off the Plane. Good luck with that here in Texas!
Booked the cheap airfare down where you can't have a carry on. Gonna pay extra to check a bag so I can get the Malort down there. Price turns out to be the same.

What do you Texas guys know about this sausage place in Austin? May have to get some of this since Toast is coming down and bringing some from LA...

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link

Old 08-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Booked the cheap airfare down where you can't have a carry on. Gonna pay extra to check a bag so I can get the Malort down there. Price turns out to be the same.

What do you Texas guys know about this sausage place in Austin? May have to get some of this since Toast is coming down and bringing some from LA...
I'm more of a sausage fan. Not to much for Boudin. The Central Texas guys may know of this brand.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #10
chambersuac

I'm not familiar with the brand, but I can ask around. I'm more familiar with San Antonio, although last year we moved from there about 1/2 way to Austin.

We are planning on being there, barring any hospitalization (for me) or funerals (of members...well, come to think of it, my funeral would put a damper on us coming, too :) )

I'm not sure what i'm cooking, or if i'm cooking on site. We will decide as time get closer.

We are looking forward to it

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #11
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

If I come to one of these events can I just pay to eat other folks cue? I would most likely bring my son but not any cookers as I no longer have a truck or trailer. I'd be glad to pay to eat other folks cooking. I would bring premium bourbon though. I cant make Lake Belton but I plan to attend one of these BBQ Brethren bashes some day.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
LYU370

Absolutely! Just show up, no cash required as we are all Brethren. Come for the fellowship and there's probably going to be too much food anyhow. But some good Bourbon that you can't get outside of Kentucky...

Chicago is a short drive up... Just sayin'.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #13
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamKY View Post
If I come to one of these events can I just pay to eat other folks cue? I would most likely bring my son but not any cookers as I no longer have a truck or trailer. I'd be glad to pay to eat other folks cooking. I would bring premium bourbon though. I cant make Lake Belton but I plan to attend one of these BBQ Brethren bashes some day.
You guys are welcome to any of the Texas BBQ Brethren Bashes.
Come hungry and enjoy the Q.
It's not necessary to pay to eat. That's not what this about.
As Shelly, my wife, has said many times:
A BBQ Brethren Bash is all about good food, good friends, good times and great fellowship.
The bourbon would be a nice touch!!

Old 08-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #14
chambersuac

Heck yeah, even if you can't make it, can your bourbon still come???

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
Heck yeah, even if you can't make it, can your bourbon still come???
I was thinking the same thing Dan!