Chilean Sea Bass with pics

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday, my wife bought some really expensive sea bass, so I had to grill it right away so it would be at its best. Here are some pictures:

tfish_2.jpg

tgrill.jpg

tplate.jpg

Realy great stuff! It grills really nicely, too. (great grill marks!)

The sidedish is grilled asparagus... :) Actually, the other is couscous.. didn't show very well in the picture, but went well with everything. and I don't remember the name on the plates... they were just some french country type plates my wife found at Marshall's or Tuesday Morning. They look good for pictures, though.

Looks tasty! I grilled some fresh walleye last night that I caught monday. forgot to get pics though :(

Couscous? I live in California and I don't eat couscous. Rest looks great though!

I would have gone for sweet potato chips to go with it, but my wife can't eat them :( She chose the couscous, which was alright... I probably would have liked jasmine rice with it, too, or some morels.. which aren't out quite yet.

cmcadams said:
I would have gone for sweet potato chips to go with it, but my wife can't eat them :( She chose the couscous, which was alright... I probably would have liked jasmine rice with it, too, or some morels.. which aren't out quite yet.

MMMMMMMMM, Morels fried in butter. Now that's decadent.

Kevin said:
MMMMMMMMM, Morels fried in butter. Now that's decadent.

It's especially good when I can go outside in my own 'yard' and get them for free!

Bigmista said:
Couscous? I live in California and I don't eat couscous. Rest looks great though!

What is wrong with Couscous? We have it a lot of the time. Of course the daughter makes the boxed type, but did have the hard version once, and liked it.

The bass looked great, Hope you enjoyed the meal

Bigmista said:

I don't either cuz it would be cannibalistic of me.... one cous cous eating another. :roll:

Morels are sponge mushrooms... I grew up calling them sponge mushrooms until someone corrected me... Usually expensive, but when they grow in my own woods, they're great to have!
morelworms.JPG

I like to lightly dust them with flower and sautee them. Hard to beat... though pumpkin blossoms are also great done the same way!

cmcadams said:
Morels are sponge mushrooms... I grew up calling them sponge mushrooms until someone corrected me... Usually expensive, but when they grow in my own woods, they're great to have!

I like to lightly dust them with flower and sautee them. Hard to beat... though pumpkin blossoms are also great done the same way!

That's just nasty man. YUCK!!!!

MrsMista said:
What the hell is Morels? If it's a veggie no wonder I don't know what it is.

A fungus.
No, realy.
Wild mushroom.
Ha, just googled a picture and found out it's the Minnesota state mushroom.
Don't those guys in the legislature have anything better to do than name a
state mushroom?
http://www.sos.state.mn.us/student/mushroom.html

cmcadams said:
Morels are sponge mushrooms... I grew up calling them sponge mushrooms until someone corrected me... Usually expensive, but when they grow in my own woods, they're great to have! I like to lightly dust them with flower and sautee them. Hard to beat... though pumpkin blossoms are also great done the same way!

Curt. Looks like sponge mushroom is a common name:

Morchella esculenta, commonly known as the morel, sponge

mushroom, or honeycomb morel, was adopted as the official

mushroom of the state of Minnesota in 1984. Morels are tasty and considered a rare delicacy by mushroom hunters.

Back