Honey Brined Turkey

firefighter4634

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have done some looking for information on Shakes Honey Brine. I found the web site and all I saw was information on Shakes Honey Brine injection. I found other information on the web about soaking the bird in the brine for 48 hrs. and then let sit uncovered in the fridge over night to help make the skin crisp. Just wanting to find what works best, inject or soak? I am going to do a trial run this weekend and then cook for the family of in-laws for Turkey day just want to make sure its good first.

I have another question. What I read says not to use a bird that contains any % of anything already injected. I just looked at the one I have in the freezer and it says it contains 9.5% of flavorings and turkey broth, sodium phosphates and salt. Should I get a different bird to use???

I try to find one that has not been enhanced, or one that is 2-3% at most.. You're going to want to cut down on the amount of salt in your brine, probably by half, for a 9.5% enhanced.

Maybe use this one for the trial run, and find one that has not been enhanced, so you can give it the full brine treatment.

Back