Bradley Electric Smoker? Your Thoughts?

G

gatorzeye

Hi All,

I just bought a new Bradley Electric Smoker and was wanting some feedback on it? Good or bad... This will be my first electric smoker. I normally use my charcoal grill with a little Applewood. I hope the electric "Charcoal-less" method is worth the money I spent on it. I was looking for something a little easier then tending to "charcoal" all day when smoking.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/largeImagePopup.jsp?productId=713823

Thanks in Advance,

Gatorzeye:shocked:

we have one in our arsenal, makes a decent holding cabinet, decent smoke flavor...we've had decent results with ribs in it

A friend of mine has one and is pleased with the results - I have not personally sampled the Q it produces.

it's basically an electric oven with a smoke producer in the bottom, the majority of the heat comes from an electric element

I have one. You can't beat the steady temps, and the ability to pile on a load of the little "pucks" and get a 10 hour smoke without having to add fuel is unbeatable. Makes the best chicken in the world, short of frying with breading & lard.

Haven't done a cook in mine for a while, though... been hooked on my Weber kettle.

I had a digital and i hated it. the buttons for setting the timer and temp worked sporadically at best, the puck feeder jammed quite frequently, several times per cook, and the only thing i was ever able to smoke to my satisfaction with it was chicken.

I had an electric cooker and liked the ease of use, but the Q lacks a smoke ring and it is just not the same quality of Q. It can make Q up to a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale. But it is easy and that is worth a lot.

I have a Bradley. Works great when you want controlled lower temps for smoking cheese,sausage,fish or jerky. My bride uses it to cook a butt once in awhile when she want's some pulled pork and I don't have the time to fire up a pit. It does what it was intended to do for me. The pucks aren't available to me locally so I have to order them.

That lead to the purchase of a Master Built electric that uses chips. They both get used quite often here.

Any other comments? I am interested in this smoker for a female friend who doesn't have the time or inclination to smoke on a regular smoker.

I had a masterbuilt and it wasn't bad at all.

It was easy to use, and it uses chips instead of pucks. So you don't have to search around and find the pucks when you need them.

Thanks for the feedback. Just finished My First Smoke on the Bradley.. See Pictures...

The Ribs were Awesome..

Smoking...

FinalCloseup.JPG

Two friends have one, both guys really like it. I've tasted the results of smoking on them, its pretty good.

I don't know about the Bradly...but I have 2 SmoinTex 1400's and can use chips, pellets and wood chunks and I love everything that comes out of it!!!!:-D:-D:thumb:

Jim

What's he talking about with the Chemicals coming off the chips and on your food?

Back