BBQ & Fly-In on the River (Wabash BBQ) Excelsior Springs, MO Aug. 15 & 16, 2008 ***Results Added***

Randy's (ClubJoe) team -- R Butts R Smokin will be there!!!

And I will be helping!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my boy, Andy!!!!

Crap, now I can't use your rub. That was going to be my secret ingredient that got me a call!! Seriously though I may have to bug you guys a time or two since this is our first comp. We are ony using UDS including the drum that Andy gave me, so I already feel like I owe you guys!!

R Butts R Smokin will be there!!!

We are Hot Buttered BBQ, not that we have a sign or anything; its our first comp, so we will be the unorganized looking ones!!

We will make sure to have some beer for any Brethern that stop by.

I believe so. Better look to see where I need to be going.

I stand corrected. Excelsior Springs is downtown (small town Missouri) and the Fly-in is at the airport outside of town. Chillicothe, MO is the following week and it is a Fly-in and BBQ at the airport.

well as usual, me n Timmy are late but we'll be there - we just got in today.:icon_blush: We need the practice for getting our "butts" kicked in Paola I guess... although we did get first place ribs there last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be there. Anyone know if this is on grass or pavement?

pavement, city streets and parking lots right downtown. The block off the streets and it's just a big 'ol fiesta with a live band, etc.

pavement, city streets and parking lots right downtown. The block off the streets and it's just a big 'ol fiesta with a live band, etc.

I take it you were there last year? If so what is the toilet situation? I declined the Porta Potty because I thought it was too much, but my wife is pregnant, so I hope the pottys aren't too far away.

We are Hot Buttered BBQ, not that we have a sign or anything; its our first comp, so we will be the unorganized looking ones!!

We will make sure to have some beer for any Brethern that stop by.

The question is do you have hot buttered rum to go with your hot buttered bbq???:twisted:

Jeff and I will be there with the new toy. Hope the lessons from Snail work out. Seriously, looking forward to seeing everyone up there. Stop in and say hey.

Randy's (ClubJoe) team -- R Butts R Smokin will be there!!!

And I will be helping!!!

Overall:
1 Jeanie's Got Wood
2 Smokin' Guns
3 TheSlabs.com
4 Bare Bones BBQ
5 Dodge County Smokers
6 Pork Pullin' Plowboys (Todd & Andy)
7 Slaughterhouse Five
8 KC Can Crew
9 Whiskey, Women and Wibs
10 Buffalo's BBQ

Chicken
1 Pork Pullin Plowboys
2 Jeanie's Got Wood
3 D-Don's Pit Crew
4 Slobber'n Hog Bar-B-Crew
5 Whiskey, Women and Wibs
6 TheSlabs.com
7 The Pickled Pig
8 Bocce 'n BBQ Boys
9 Pig Newton
10 Cramerque

Ribs
1 Jeanie's Got Wood
2 F.O.G. BBQ
3 Bare Bones BBQ
4 TheSlabs.com
5 Florida Skin and Bones
6 Smokin' Joe's Barber Q'
7 Slaughterhouse Five
8 Smokin Guns
9 KC Can Crew
10 Pork Pullin Plowboys

Pork
1 Smokin Guns
2 KC Can Crew
3 Florida Skin and Bones
4 Jeanie's Got Wood
5 Nice Ashes
6 Pork Pullin' Plowboys
7 TheSlabs.com

8 Whiskey, Women and Wibs
9 Piggin-n-Swiggin
10 Red Buffalo BBQ

Brisket
1 Dodge County Smokers
2 Buffalo’s BBQ
3 Bare Bones BBQ
4 Flower of the Flame
5 Munchin’ Hogs at the Hilton
6 KC Can Crew
7 Smokin’ R’s
8 Smokin Guns
9 Bibs n’ Ribs
10 Slaughterhouse Five

Did Jeffie let you borrow a razor for the chicken? :twisted:
Congrats on the chicken and your overall placing!

Congrats to all the Brethren that walked this weekend! Nice showing!

Congrats to all that walked, job well done. What happened to your brisket Todd and did you grab my fan.

Congrats to everyone!

Todd and Andy, congrats on the first in Chicken and Neal, congrats on the first in Brisket.

Congrats to all that walked, job well done. What happened to your brisket Todd and did you grab my fan.

Your fan is still in my garage. We'll have to figure out the best way to get it to you for Blue Springs.

Back