• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rotisserie Turkey

H

hammerz_nailz

I am trying a 13.5 lb. turkey on the rotisserie. It has a couple of oranges on the skewer that were part of the recipe.

About an hour and 15 minutes.
20090920-IMG_7075.jpg

This is after 2.5 hours. I will try to get another shot when it's done.
20090920-IMG_7098.jpg

gooble gooble looking good. thats a good start to Thanksgiving

The recipe is from The Weber's Big Book of Grilling by Jamie Purviance and Sandra S. McRae called "Sage, Orange, and Clove Rotisserie Turkey."

It took 3 hours at 350 degrees on the kettle. The white meat came out nice and most, maybe from brining overnight. I'm practicing for Thanksgiving.

20090920-IMG_7111.jpg

20090920-IMG_7123.jpg

20090920-IMG_7125.jpg

i love doing my turkey on the rotis. about the only way i like it. yers looks close to perfect!

That's one purty bird!!!!!!

Don't swallow that pop up timer;) (A guy in FL sued Tyson Foods and grocery retailer because he swallowed the pop up timer in a turkey. I left before that case was settled but if he got a dime, I hope he choked on it too.)

How can you beat A rotiss Turkey? I dont think you can...great looking bird you have. Good Job.

That is some stunning color on that bird, great looking turkey.

That is definitely on of the best looking Turkeys I have seen. What wood did you use?

That is flat out awesome!
One of the keys to my wifes heart :biggrin: is rotisserie poultry.

nice job

I used that recipe once for Thanksgiving, sans rotisserie, and it was one of the best turkeys I've ever made. :cool:

:eusa_clapOoo, tear me off a wing. No, a leg istead. Great color. Looks like you got it nailed down for Turkey Day. That's a hitter in my book!

Thanks for the comments everybody.
I used royal oak lump and a couple handfuls of apple. The rub had some olive oil, plus I put a little butter under the skin before it went on the spit.

Back