Costco - Competition Briquettes?

scotts1919

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Good morning guys. So i have been a happy customer purchasing kingsford competition briquettes at costco, but recently i noticed my local store (schaumburg IL) has stopped carrying them!

Anybody else notice they stopped carrying them?

What gives? Shouldn't be a seasonal thing as they had them last fall/winter?

thanks

My Costco doesn't stock them in the fall/winter. They do continue to sell the remaining stock, which last year lasted to within a coupld of months of springtime, where they restocked again. I only know this because I asked when I couldn't find them any more last year.

If you are up for a road trip, the Costco in mid-town KC still has about a pallet. I noticed a few years ago that once it's gone, it's gone to the following spring/summer. Lesson learned: load up when it hits the shelves!

Looks like my Costco still stocks it, but we're in Florida. Not sure what this "Fall/Winter" thing is you speak of....

Looks like my Costco still stocks it, but we're in Florida. Not sure what this "Fall/Winter" thing is you speak of....

It's a trade off for not having nine months of Summer. This coming from a transplanted Floridiot, born and reared in SE FL.

Definitely a trade off. The only change in leaves I see is when the trees get hit by lightning.

Back