Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

I get chest pains every time I open this thread thinking about the road you've traveled, you're a good man with an over abundance of fortitude; it will all pay off - kick ass tomorrow

OMG.....I'm new to the site. I spent this entire evening reading this thread. It reads like a novel. Good luck and let's get this sucker OPEN.

I've been reading this thing since the beginning man and I have to say...Wow. I've been contemplating opening my own place down here and I've been worried about what I might have to deal with or stuff that I didn't account for. This post is such an eye opener and such a wealth of knowledge about the "what might happens."

I hope that right now the updates are going to be few and far between, I've got my fingers crossed that you're slinging meat like a madman today. I thought that since you've obviously been having a pretty rough few months, it might be worth knowing that not only are you making your own dreams happen, but that I think that this thread is helping to shape other people's dreams into something that they can make possible for themselves. I know that it has helped me really understand what I might face when I open up a place and that kind of knowledge is worth more than any amount of money. Just some of the tips you've thrown out, probably not even realizing it, have been helpful for me and I'm sure others who might be thinking of doing the same as you. I know I've changed my business plan in places to account for the possibility of this or that, which I got from reading this thread.

I just wanted to let you know that not only are you showing what a man with great patience and resolve can go through and still succeed, but you've also set down a path of ideas and knowledge that people won't find anywhere else, but they can come here and follow and learn if they are willing-- and that's pretty amazing all by itself.

I've been reading this thing since the beginning man and I have to say...Wow. I've been contemplating opening my own place down here and I've been worried about what I might have to deal with or stuff that I didn't account for. This post is such an eye opener and such a wealth of knowledge about the "what might happens."

I hope that right now the updates are going to be few and far between, I've got my fingers crossed that you're slinging meat like a madman today. I thought that since you've obviously been having a pretty rough few months, it might be worth knowing that not only are you making your own dreams happen, but that I think that this thread is helping to shape other people's dreams into something that they can make possible for themselves. I know that it has helped me really understand what I might face when I open up a place and that kind of knowledge is worth more than any amount of money. Just some of the tips you've thrown out, probably not even realizing it, have been helpful for me and I'm sure others who might be thinking of doing the same as you. I know I've changed my business plan in places to account for the possibility of this or that, which I got from reading this thread.

I just wanted to let you know that not only are you showing what a man with great patience and resolve can go through and still succeed, but you've also set down a path of ideas and knowledge that people won't find anywhere else, but they can come here and follow and learn if they are willing-- and that's pretty amazing all by itself.

Well said.

Wish I could make it up for lunch. Congrats man. It's been a long road.

Keith

Smokin Arsses Barbeque Team
Weber kettle ECB x 2, Char Broil barrel grill, Maverick ET73
KCBS member

Awesome!!!!!!

We'll be there for a late lunch/early dinner and will report back with pics later today :heh:

...lunch tomorrow will be awesome! :wink:

Exactly! If you come along, at least it won't be a boring ride. OK, yes it would. We could figure out a reason to get stuck in MI for the weekend and freeze our a$$es of though.:mrgreen:

Exactly! If you come along, at least it won't be a boring ride. OK, yes it would. We could figure out a reason to get stuck in MI for the weekend and freeze our a$$es of though.:mrgreen:
I'll be in the Chicago area first week of Feb., so another trip north might exceed my winter allowance I set for myself :wink:

Fantastic! My bride and I have three days off this weekend, I wonder if she'd notice that I was heading North instead of South like we planned...

Back