Grill Kings results

drbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I don't know how the Bretheren teams did but IQ was Grand and Pellet Envy was reserve.

drbbq said:
I don't know how the Bretheren teams did but IQ was Grand and Pellet Envy was reserve.

Thanks Ray,

That's a great start.
Chris and Rod are both members here.

Interesting to see how the rest of the places went :lol:

Great job guys!

TIM

The band is still playing we are waiting for the results, they should be announcing them sometime on monday or maybe tuesday

The_Kapn said:
Thanks Ray,

That's a great start.
Chris and Rod are both members here.

TIM

And Steve (YankeeBBQ) that was cooking w/ Rod, I believe.....

Congrats to Rod, Steve and Chris and all the rest of the Brethren! Good Lord, Rod, this is truly your year! Congratulations on this latest accomplishment! Hey, you aren't planning on going to Columbia, Laurie, Blue Springs, Hermann or DeSoto are you? :lol: I'm seeing KCBS Team of the Year on the horizon! :wink:

OK... Here we go... I'll give the top 10 overall and per category, I'll try to highlight the Brethren teams but hopefully The Kapn can do his magic and catch any I missed. The Brethren definitely had a strong presence. I sincerely apologize if I miss any one, but I am delerious at this point and need rest.

I'm shot, but it was a blast. Overall, my team Bad Bones BBQ Crew came in 15 out of 40 and walked in Pork Shoulder with 5th place. Not bad for our first contest. Finished 12th in chicken, 17th in brisket and a real dissapointing 35 in Ribs as that was what we expected the best scores in. Got crushed on taste except on judge who loved it. Need to re-think things there...

Grand - I Que
Reserve - Pellet Envy

3. I Like Smoke & Lightning
4. Dirty Dick & The Legless Wonders
5. Purple Turtle Catering Co.
6. Hill Country BBQ
7. BBQ- Brethren
8. Cue's Your Daddy !
9. Long Island Porkers
10. Holy Cow ! MoohandessGhandi

Chicken
1. Purple Turtle
2. Hill Country BBQ
3. Dirty Dick & The Legless Wonders
4. Pellet Envy
5. BBQ Brethren
6. I Que
7. Dr. Frank N Swine
8. Sir Sauce a Lot
9. I Like Smoke N Lightning
10. Babylon Grillbillies

Ribs
1. I Que
2. Pellet Envy
3. Dirty Dick & The Legless Wonders
4. Cue's Your Daddy
5. I Like Smoke N Lightning
6. Holy Cow ! MoohanddesGhandi
7. Camo Q Crew
8. BS BBQ
9. Babylon Grillbillies
10. Purple Turtle Catering Co.

Pork
1. I Like Smoke N Lightning
2. I Que
3. BBQ Brethren
4. TNT Dynamite BBQ
5. Bad Bones BBQ Crew - (me !!)
6. Holy Cow MoohandeesGhandi
7. Grills Gone Wild:NY, NY
8. Bayside Buttheads
9. Two Fat Polocks BBQ
10. Hot Hogs USA

Brisket
1, Holy Cow MoohandeesGhandi
2. I Que
3. Ma's Que's Crew
4. Pellet Envy
5. Bayside Buttheads
6. Long Island Porkers
7. Two Fat Polocks BBQ
8. Purple Turtle Catering Co.
9. Dirty Dick & the Legless Wonders
10. BBQ - Brethren

Last edited:
Lotsa bold type there! Way to go everyone! That's farkin' fantastic! And Vinny, congrats on your first walk in your first event! Rocks, huh?

Yep... Congrats to everyone! Great job in your first event, Vinny!

YEAH.!!!! a strong showing by brethren teams. WillyB(I love smoke n lightening) took 3 overall behing Chris(YankeeBBQ) and rod(KCPellethead). i manged to squeak in to 7th overall with a 3rd and 5th walk. Totally tanked with a dismal running in ribs, I thinK it was like 26th or somewhere down there.

Everytime a Brethren Team walked.. there were chants from the crowd of FEAR THE PIG!!! In one catagory there were 4 of us up there.!!!

I was across the isle from WillieB.. it semed tie stood still, becase every 15 miniutes someone would do a time checl, and it was always 1:30!

all i nall , a great time..I think about this conetest, I had the most food i have ever had,,

Two Fat Polocks finished 12th overall an asterik. We DQed in chicken ( I will discuss that in a later thread). It was the best contest we have attended to date. It was great not because it was well run, a great venue or it's location. It was great because I was able to share it with my Brothers in Smoke. The athmosphere on Saturday night was more like a block party. We enjoyed Poobah's Linguine, Willy B's clams, Brooklyn Q's bread, our COTC and Slednecks Croation creations. The comradrie amoung teams was something to behold. It was something to be proud of.

It is not clear wether we will cook the event next year because there were a number of issues with the contest that I feel made it very difficult. I don't wish to discuss them here and start a big deal because we enjoyed the event and the comradrie.

It truly was a great competition. It was a wonderful BBQ experience! Way to go!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I am still at the band shell waiting for the results.:biggrin:

Had a blast. Ate so much good food but i dont want to eat for the next couple of days. I cant say i was pleasewd with my 25 th place finish overall but im glad i didnt come in last. Best score we had was 13 in chicken. Judging is a little strange, my brisket which should of came in dead last( i wouldnt feed it to a dog) did ten points higher than my pork of whcih i thought was one of the best pork i have ever done, go figure. Loved hanging out with all the brethren as well as all of the the other new people i met. I have taken two showers since yesterday and still smell like smoke!

BBQchef33 said:
WillyB(I love smoke n lightening) took 3 overall behing Chris(YankeeBBQ) and rod(KCPellethead).

Hey Steve, does this mean that Chris knows the code, too?... :biggrin:

They finally get the belt made bigger and now a skinny guy wins it. WTF. Congrats to everyone. Anybody got pics?

Congrats to all the Brothers that walked,you make us all proud of our family.

hey!
congradulations guys! sounds like it was a great time and everyone had fun. when do we get to see the photos?

phil

Back