MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #1276
MrkMllr
Got rid of the matchlight.

Yeah, they are very different and the weight was actually my concern. I'm going to have to rent something (at least in the short term) to transport the Lonestar and I was just wondering what the logistics of that would be and if anyone else is doing it.

I'm 99% sold on the Lonestar though.
MrkMllr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #1277
frankH
On the road to being a farker

We take our LSG to several comps a year. I made 2x10 ramps to push it up into a trailer. It takes 2 or 3 of us to load it.
frankH is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #1278
Paydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrkMllr View Post
Yeah, they are very different and the weight was actually my concern. I'm going to have to rent something (at least in the short term) to transport the Lonestar and I was just wondering what the logistics of that would be and if anyone else is doing it.

I'm 99% sold on the Lonestar though.
Just picked my mini up from the freight company yesterday. Rented a u haul 12 X 6 foot trailer with double axles and a ramp for 35 dollars (24 hour rental) and it worked very well.
Paydirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-25-2016, 06:50 AM   #1279
frankH
On the road to being a farker

One thing I learned last week: you can't easily rearrange the casters since the mounting plates are rectangular, not square. We want to have the spinners on the front, that way we can push it onto a small trailer, and not take off at competitions. Keep that in mind when ordering.
frankH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #1280
mdra
Found some matches.

Where abouts in MI are you??
mdra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2016, 11:53 PM   #1281
DBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Got my email from Amber today that mine is in the build phase...7 to 10 days. Now I need to reread all the posts on these pages again..
DBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #1282
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

Welcome to the longest two weeks of your life... I know, I did it twice...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #1283
kkegans
Knows what a fatty is.

For anyone interested, I just found 10" wheels both fixed an swivel. The swivels have brakes an optional swivel locks. They will substitute the pneumatic tires with 10" x 3" no-flat tires. Full set with th optional swivel locks and shipping to LSG was $170.

Service Caster Corp. [ shop.servicecaster.com/pneumatic-wheel-casters-s/1918.htm ]

Three Old Crows BBQ
=======================================
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange]LSG Insulated Cabinet Smoker
16 x 48 Chuckwagon offset combination Horizontal/vertical
Weber Original Kettle™ Premium 22”
Weber Original Kettle™ 22"
KCBS CBJ
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
kkegans is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #1284
cheez59
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
Welcome to the longest two weeks of your life... I know, I did it twice...
I corroborate this statement.
Lone Star Grillz mini insulated cabinet.Lonestar Grillz 20x42 offset. Broil King Baron Gasser, Vortex and Slow & Sear Plus, Weber 26" Original Premium, Weber Smoky Joe, Cajun Fryer 8-1/2 & 4 Gallon, The Big Easy oil-less fryer, BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2, Thermoworks Smoke, Maverick XR-50
cheez59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #1285
MrkMllr

Welp, I went and did it. Let the long wait begin.
MrkMllr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #1286
kkegans
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankH View Post
One thing I learned last week: you can't easily rearrange the casters since the mounting plates are rectangular, not square. We want to have the spinners on the front, that way we can push it onto a small trailer, and not take off at competitions. Keep that in mind when ordering.
You can put swivels on all 4 corners with swivel locks the swivel can be locked at each 90 degree position so effectively the locked swivels can be locked front to back or side to side.

Three Old Crows BBQ
=======================================
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange]LSG Insulated Cabinet Smoker
16 x 48 Chuckwagon offset combination Horizontal/vertical
Weber Original Kettle™ Premium 22”
Weber Original Kettle™ 22"
KCBS CBJ
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
kkegans is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2016, 11:01 PM   #1287
DBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Kkegans..I want those wheels.......I am going to call Amber monday, but I think it is probably too late.
DBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2016, 12:35 AM   #1288
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

If you are going to move it often, look up my posts and get the no flat 10" rubber tires. Don't have breaks, but you can chalk them.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #1289
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

I finally figured out a way to mount my guru to this beast. I wanted to keep it on the same side as the fan but didn't want anything on the paint. I used a 1 1/4 to 1 inch bushing and them 1 inch black iron pipe to make it. The most expensive part was the $8 flange. I could have welded something on to save money, but the guru holder bolts into it easily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160430_110753.jpg (42.5 KB, 354 views)

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 AM   #1290
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Close up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160430_111607.jpg (30.1 KB, 353 views)

Thanks from: --->