MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #61
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I don't think most folks will ever have a clue as to how much work Phil (BBQchef33) put into that post.

Are we sure Phil wrote it? Not enough typos. Maybe he had it transcribed.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #62
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

One thing I would like to add. I don't really discuss my cooks anymore because I really don't like to post pictures unless it is really something special. And the "no pics didn't happen" police discourages me from posting.

I do appreciate people who post pics but some of us just are not inclined to do so.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #63
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Bump!!!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #64
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Good job Poo!
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #65
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Well worth the read again. Thanks Phil.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #66
4dueces
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Fitz

Thanks Phil. As a newer member, March of this year I have learned more than I could ever have imagined from this website. Thanks for all of your and the mods efforts to make this the best BBQ website. I have extended friendship requests as well as receiving some as well. Great people make great friends.
4dueces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #67
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

poo, and all members. i am VERY PROUD to be a brethren.
it took VERY little time for me to understand the extraordinary culture all the members here have established.

this place is about PEOPLE and it shows.

it isn't just a lit screen with words, so far from it.

it's hard to put into words, but i must thank everyone. i love being here.

you all are my friends, mentors, students, and sometimes competition.

quick story.
at my first comp.
brethren my next door, back door, and across the way neighbors.

across the way brethren saw my wife and i were doing putting greens and showed us how to do them quicker and easier. real people helping real people. brethren style!

back door neighbor offered their brand new 40' trailer for us to cool off in any time, countless tips, great advice, and a nice visit inside their trailer after turn ins. again, real people helping real people. brethren style!

next door neighbor i stayed up with until 3AM(twist my arm to have another beer)until his partner came to relieve him. during which time a rain storm came(if you could call it that!!!!)and i stood in between his pop up and mine, some nice gutter action right there, holding down both our tents for a good hour or 2. would i have done it if he wasn't a brethren, really most likely yes, BUT, the fact that he was brethren, made it MANDITORY I HELP! brethren style! because i know for a fact that if i needed something he would be there.

this is the spirit of the family, and what makes it so special is that it transfers from the computer to real life and back.

it is truly a unique community.
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #68
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

I've been around a few different forum blocks (non-BBQ). After hanging around this place for the last month or so, this place is definitely one of the best run forums that I've seen. Almost daily, I'm shocked and amazed by the true, sincere friendship and love I see expressed within the posts. The level of effort and love the mods and admin pour into this place is obvious within their posts. The admins and mods should be celebrated - many of the users also. (maybe this post did it's job before I got here? )

I'm recently new to BBQ and this site, but I feel like I've found a home. I look forward to getting to know all of you better and calling you "friend". Well done everyone!

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #69
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

I'll add my two cents to this as well. I am a programmer by trade, so often have to search forums and blogs for little tips and answers, and there always seems to be a snarky, demeaning spirit to these things, mostly I think from people's ability to sit invisibly behind their keyboards and say the things that they wouldn't say face to face. That being said, I am fairly new to BBQing, and only get to do it a couple times a month which often causes me to ask questions that I'm sure have been answered multiple times and would be considered 'dumb' or 'newbieish'. I have not once felt belittled on here or been told to 'look it up', and I truely appreciate it. I have often been amazed that there isn't more of that type of attitude here, but after reading this post, and the didication that the folks running this place seem to have, it certainly makes sense. Thanks, to BBQChef33, all the moderators, and all the helpful folks out there. Now, enough of this sappy stuff, I've got a loin that needs to be glazed

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #70
chambersuac

For the new folk, in case you haven't introduced yourself in the Cattle Call section, please do so. If you have, and I missed ya, welcome.

This place is so incredible because of the Grand Poobah and the moderators help foster a great atmosphere. When we do screw up, they warn us and/or "mod us" and we get back in line.

That being said, the members here, too, are awesome. Spend some time looking at old posts. You'll see charity events, charitable acts, great tips about everything (even non BBQ related stuff) and a lot of good natured ribbing.

Thanks to one and all who contribute to this place. You are truly special, in my opinion.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #71
Arlin_MacRae

As a moderator on this board and a regular member on several others that cover a wide variety of subjects I can say that there is no other place like this, and the core values that drive this place come straight from the Poobah. He has absolutely no problem smacking us moderators around behind the curtain, no matter how outnumbered he is, and it SHOWS.

Thanks tons for the warm fuzzies, everyone, but thank YOU the most, Phil.

Arlin

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #72
gtr

Great post and shows why this is a special site. I'm not one to join anything - especially on the internet - but this place is obviously a little different from everywhere else. I see something great on here every day & once in a while I can share what little I know. This site is endlessly interesting & a living, breathing homage to one of the things that makes America great - bbq. It's about good food that is usually shared with family & friends - ain't nuthin' wrong with that.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #73
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Bump!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #74
jacob
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bobby

I am and have been a proud member of this site for a little while now. I know from my own experience the fairness and respect given by the owner and moderators to every member. I speak from my own experience, early on in my tenure I may have caused a rock slide or two. They could have easily pushed a button but instead folks did for me like I would hope I can do for others. A gentle nudge a WTF ever so often and a group of folks that have always seem to be there to help when they could(our moderators.)

Now, I have so much respect and admiration for this site, I hope to always be a contributing member. I will work at not breaking any of our very fair rules. I will give it my best effort to keep this forum as it was when I first discovered it. I was indeed like a kid in a candy store and been told I could have anything I liked. (knowledge).

I have a photo-bucket account where I upload my pictures and videos. There are 1,959 photo's, 23 videos, 25 slide shows. All were uploaded for the soul purpose of posting on this forum. And all of these at one time or another have been posted here to share cooks, life and family.

Yeah, this is a very cool place to hang out and learn, make new friends.

It's because of Pooh and all the moderators and their rules that I can express myself in the post above. I have never been over moderated(And I have been Moderated once I think) or treated unfairly by any one of these Brethren.

J
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #75
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

You moderators do a lot of work! great Post that must have taken a long time to write. I dont know where Id be without this place - the more I learn the more questions I have