MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #46
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

I have been here a little over two years now. This is, bar none, my favorite website on the net! To be honest, I still feel kind of like a "newbie" so usually defer suggestions and answers to those more experienced, but I will try to answer more questions as best I can.

This site goes WAY past assisting others in our fine craft/pastime! I have seen many examples of this group comforting folks in time of need, of loss, etc. As has been stated previously, there are also many examples of folks offering assistance far beyond the written word to folks who are, for all practical purposes, total strangers.

I hope never to see a day when a few loose cannons cause our Poohbah and the mods to "pull the plug" It would truly be a great loss!

Thanks Phil, and all the mods, for the great job you all do!

So glad I was pointed here years ago!! (Thanks RonL!)
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #47
Jbomb
On the road to being a farker

I have been around for awile, and sometimes don't post much but do read alot. I have always felt welcome and love the site and how it is run. I would like to say thank you all who have helped me learn and grow as a BBQ GUY! And in an effort to help make things a little bit better I will try and post and share more. It is what makes this place go around. It gives me goose bumps to know people are trying to keep this place for what it was founded for. Good People. Thank you!
Jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #48
The Pigman
is One Chatty Farker

I would like to thank Phil and everyone who over the years have helped me along the way. With out all of you i would be lost. I have made some very good friends here and wish I could be with them more over the course of the year. BBQ people are the best find in friends.

I hope this fourm florishes well into the future and so many more people join and learn what we all have learned.
KCBS CBJ #30390

Lead for State of Ohio & Indiana for Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member
Lang 84 Custom Longneck with warmer
Mobil Food Lic. With State of Ohio
The Pigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #49
Ye Olde Party Palace
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Terry4

I too am new to the forum. I found it through another site, and read a "lot" of threads in the forum before I joined. I guess the reason that I did join was due to the willingness of the other members to help one another in the quest for the "ultimate" barbeque. I know that I have gained a ton of info in the one month that I have been a member of the forum. I have a lot of new recipes and ideas to try that have been gained through this new found group of friends. I just hope that occasionally I might be able to help others with things that have worked for me.

Phil, if what you wrote doesn't get everyone on track, then maybe they need to find a forum that appreciates their expertise.

[FONT=Impact]Youth and enthusiasm are easily overcome by old age and treachery. :loco:[/FONT]
Ye Olde Party Palace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #50
Paulmark
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Phil, I found something here that I can really embrace, people that have the need to feed. I love posting my cooking...maybe it's being a show off..I don't know, but I love the comments from everyone. The great ideas and knowledge I've gleened from this forum along with the friendships are priceless. I think the the things you've brought up are the same type of things you'd expect to teach when you raise a kid or kids. If people just followed the golden rule of treating people like you want to be treated we'd have no problems.
Paulmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
Trainwreck
Full Fledged Farker

Thank you Phil and all of the mods for all the hard work you do and have done to make this place the only place to be. And thank you for allowing me tob be a part of this family.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #52
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Two cups of coffee, a glass of orange juice, and a bowl of oatmeal later...I am (and will continue to be) a proud member of The BBQ Brethren.

This year my friend (and team mate) swamprb and I have the opportunity to truly go from our back yard...to The American Royal...how farkin' awesome is that! We owe a great deal of our success to the many members of this forum...thank you all!

Phil...my hat's off to you brother smoker. I hope one day (very soon) to be able to visit with you over a few cold ones and a good stogie!

JD
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #53
Jeff Selle
Full Fledged Farker

I am so happy to have found this forum, and as a noobie, I have tried to be respectful. I think I have made a few cultural mistakes and I definitely try to learn from those... But I have had some great experiences on this forum in the short month that I have been here... all of you folks that built and maintin this forum deserve a major THANKS from all of us for creating such a wonderful resource.
*1993 & 1998 Weber Performers
*Grill Dome Kamado smoker 18-inch
*El Cheapo offset smoker (CharBroil)
*4X8-foot trailered Santa Maria Grill
*Coveting a Weber Ranch Kettle
*Yellow splash-proof Thermapen
*Member of PNWBA/KCBS/West Slope BBQ Association
Jeff Selle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #54
CHARBBQ
Found some matches.

thanks Phil! it's the way it should be.
CHARBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #55
jdub
is one Smokin' Farker

Funny to see right now (GOOD to hear, though). I am involved in one other website (fishing) that is IMO coming unglued. One could take Phils post from here and it would address every issue that other place has, every darn one.
I guess, after a few years, we are all finding the nature of an online community.
That said, I have often used this site as a PRIME example of a well run, well "behaved" website. Phil's tome is a prime example of my observation, the leaders here are addressing the issues openly and in front of the problem. The alternative is to wait till things go completely bananas, and the only reply from the leadership at that point is "shut up or you're all out".
So thanks for the talk Phil, I will try to answer a few questions and drop by more often. In turn I gotta tell you, this place is doing fine, and from the looks of it will continue to do so (I'm really not a suck up-can I have your BGE?).
Cheers Brethren.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #56
momb
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I came here because my son said read this. I haven't said much because my experience is neither back yard nor comp, but cooking for large groups for free to support an organization. My view of the Brethren is that you all are so helpful and giving and seem to have the spirit that glows from within. I can see the love of BBQ here. There is no place here for hurting comments and plies of bad words meant to send folks still learning to the curb. Just my 2c Mary
momb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #57
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

I've never been a part of any forums until this one. I've snooped around for information here and there in other topics that interested me more, but this one was SOOOOO welcoming. There was so much positive energy that it made me feel good. I could see sometimes mediocre pictures and people always finding positive things to say and pointing out constructively how to make improvements. I never, at least that I can remember, saw anyone providing any nastiness that I saw in other forums. Credit the mods for that, and the politeness of those here. In any case, it certainly put my guard down and I actually began posting instead of lurking for many months.

One thing that I soon had to realize was to leave the sarcasm at home! There is no sarcasm button and people can too easily misinterpret your thoughts and intentions. I have seen few "problems" here, but I would say almost all of the ones I have seen have been a result of simple misunderstandings. Certainly I have read posts and thought "this person did not realize how this might be taken when it was posted," and many times I have deleted what I was going to write, or ended up holding my breath hoping that what I said wasn't taken the wrong way. Unless it is really over the top, sarcasm can be difficult to convey in forum posts and few people have no insecurities. This can be a deadly combination. Thanks Phil and mods for all the work you do.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #58
cheez
Full Fledged Farker

Default Maybe different, but still a great place

I'd like to echo the many thanks to Phil and them moderators and all who keep these forums running. I have been here since the beginning, but certainly don't complain that we've grown too large, or that new people ask too many questions, or anything like that. Yeah my post count is low, but I don't mind... I post when I have something to offer, though I recognize that many others have more knowledge and experience than I have. I still love to pop in when I can, but am often too busy or on the road working and can't participate in the daily give-and-take. That's ok, I still tell people about you guys, still come here for ideas, techniques and recipes when I need them, and I certainly am grateful to our guys in charge for keeping me in all of the forums and such because I was here from the start, even though I am only a sometime participant. I read, I smile, I learn, and sometimes I say something. This seemed like a good time to say something. Thanks Brothers!

New Braunfels Bandera, 22.5" WSM, Weber Ranch Kettle, 5 or 6 other Weber Kettles, Party King tailgate grill, and a modded "pizza grill" that is falling apart.

Self-proclaimed President of the Canton, OH chapter, Weber Rescue Society.
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #59
Ribbin' Randy
Full Fledged Farker

Thank you Phil. You're writing is one of the most thoughtful, cogent, and from the heart pieces I've read.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #60
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Phil, you and the mods do an incredible job that's appreciated more than y'all know. i truly a honored to be a Brethren and will try my best to be a good guest.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote