MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

I've been an active member of many online forums over the years. There is the only 1 that's
truly worth a darn, and that's THIS one. Thanks Phil and the moderator crew for all
you do (and have done).
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thank you Phil. You expressed why I joined and why I will remain more eloquently than I ever could. As long as I am learning, I will always be new, no matter how many years I may belong. This forum is home, not just a discussion board.

Appreciation to all the Mods too.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
bigmo
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPop View Post
Everything you said makes it sound like a site I'd love to be a part of, and why I joined here in the first place. There's always something new to learn about. Your dedication to the sight is great, and is appreciated.
Same here!

a plain old kettle

bigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #19
Smokin' D
is One Chatty Farker

I don't post as much as I used to, in fact never did post very much, but I certainly do appreciate this forum and all members and admin very much.
The level of knowledge on this forum is second to none and my skills have improved dramatically over my short tenure. Thanks for the re-aligning post Phil and with the better weather coming along pics and new posts will be forthcoming. Hopefully I can impart a bit of wisdom as time goes by too. For all you do, this Smoke's for you!
Smokin' D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #20
flyingv4me
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks not only to Phil and the moderators, but also to the amazing talents of the people on this board. I'm not a big poster (big, yes...but that's another story), but have enjoyed and learned so much from everyone. New folks and babbling farkers have all shown me a few things. Please keep posting! Thanks for an amazing site.
flyingv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

I've only been here since the 1st of 2010. I found this site through Google looking for a recipe. I've been here, everyday for several hours a day, ever since. I never Q'ed before and after three months can say that I really didn't understand how to grill, thought I did. The things that I have learned are all because of this place, Phil, the Mods and above all the Brethren. The respect, freindship and laughs we share can only help us to be a more complete person. The recipes aren't bad either. The only problem I have, is that I keeep buying more toys. I have (2) grills, (1) WSM and a UDS build going. On January 1st of 2010, I had (1) Weber Grill. And, I have learned a ton about BBQ.

Thanks,
Bluesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
mbshop
Babbling Farker

amen and thank you all !
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
chambersuac

I can't imagine how much time and effort Phil and the moderators go through to ensure that this place exists. I am thankful that they do. The job they do must be taxing and trying. I have met some of the Brethren in person - and feel like I know many of you personally, even if we've never met face-to-face. That is partly because of the "Brethren spirit" - the thing that makes the Brethren what it is - the thing that the Mods and Phil work so hard to maintain. Since I joined last year, I have learned so much and my enjoyment of cooking Q has gotten so much greater, that I think I'm starting to drive my family and friends crazy with all my own "Q-talk". But, I wouldn't trade this group of any other. Thanks, everyone!

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Jay Bird
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPop View Post
Everything you said makes it sound like a site I'd love to be a part of, and why I joined here in the first place. There's always something new to learn about. Your dedication to the sight is great, and is appreciated.
A long delayed thank you to all the moderators & Brethren who have contributed to my education & entertainment.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #25
Divemaster

Thank you Phil. There are times we forget how we started and all of the growing pains we have already gone through.

I remember when we hit 5,000 members and couldn't figure out how we could get much larger. We now know that it's all because of that dang UDS thread!

Thank you also for the slight shove back to why I started here... It was QTalk... I'll be back there soon, trying to help out anyone I can... Remember, with me, you'll always get an answer, it may not be the right answer but you'll get an answer...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #26
ZILLA
is Blowin Smoke!

Phil, I appreciate your efforts here and those of the moderators and the cutting board as well. It's a good thing to hit the reset button from time to time.
ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #27
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Phil...
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #28
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Thank you Phil. There are times we forget how we started and all of the growing pains we have already gone through.

I remember when we hit 5,000 members and couldn't figure out how we could get much larger. We now know that it's all because of that dang UDS thread!

Thank you also for the slight shove back to why I started here... It was QTalk... I'll be back there soon, trying to help out anyone I can... Remember, with me, you'll always get an answer, it may not be the right answer but you'll get an answer...
Much like Dive says, I need to look back. I posted a pic of every piece of meat, or anything that resembled meat in my first couple of years. After the nasty winter we had, I feel new again, like a rookie smoker. This place is the best. It's true I don't recognize some names, but I'm getting better. This is still our home, so let's not chit on the carpet.

Big fuzzy blue reacharounds to you, Phil!

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #29
slowerlowerbbq
Full Fledged Farker

I think this is why I find myself coming back here almost daily since I first found this site 5 or so months ago: a group of people passionate about BBQ and always willing to help others by passing on their wealth of knowledge. This sentence really summed it up for me:

"I'd prefer to be the old guy with the wisdom that the kids respect and come to for help, instead of lighting the bag of dog crap on my porch. "

While I am a long way from having a wealth of knowledge, I love being able to help share whatever experience I do have. This really is the best site about BBQ on the net, bar none. Thanks to Phil and to all the mods for the incredible passion and time you put toward this site. And thanks to all the great members here who have offered me (and others) their advice, praise or just a friendly "how ya doin?". Y'all have really made this place feel like home. Thank You!
KCBS
MABA
180 CHICKEN - KEYSTONE CLASSIC BARBEQUE, HARRISBURG, PA (10/4/2014)
slowerlowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #30
capri man
is One Chatty Farker

what they all said X1000!!!!
brinkman smoker
big azz upright smoker
really ugly UDS
kingsford kettle grill
weber smokey joe platnium
big gas grill (sorry!)