• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sam’s Club Beef Short Ribs

TheBBQJew

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Forget this post. I should never post before Ive had coffee

Last edited:
Sam’s has a case of cryovac beef short ribs in stock. I’m interested in the plate short ribs aka dino ribs. Short ribs can come from 3 places... the back, the plate or the chuck. I believe these are the plate ribs. Can anyone confirm that has bought these before? They look like it. I’d just like confirmation please. Thanks!

https://www.samsclub.com/p/case-sale-beef-short-ribs-3-4-pcs-case/prod17180008?xid=cart_product

They typically sell the cryovac pacs with two plates per pack. So it sounds like that case will have 3-4 cryovacs. I am not sure but I believe once piece in the pack is 3 bones and the other is 4. They are very good I cooked them last week.

That was my experience last time I got them from Sams, one had 4 ribs the other 3. If your wanting the beef ribs you see everyone cooking then yes those are them.

Reads like they could either be chuckies, plates or a combination of both.

I really need to visually inspect what I'm getting if I'm buying warehouse meat, especially choice grade. Short ribs can often be way too fatty, yielding little meat compared to what you pay.

Although chucks and plates come from different parts of the beast, I and others often confuse people (and ourselves) by calling chucks, "plates."

At the store I generally go for 4 rib chucks. The only time I get plates is when they are either on sale, or from a high-end butcher that will cut the ribs with some meat on them.

Thanks for the information. They sold the last case today but I ordered them and they will be here Tuesday. Since I couldn't look at the ribs myself I asked the attendant he said they come in cryo packs of 3 and 4 ribs. So Im thinking they are both plate and chuck ribs. The 4 pack IMPS 130 being ribs 2,3,4,5 of the chuck end and IMPS 123A being ribs 6,7,8 from the plate.

BBQ Freak.... this are them and they look awesome! I’ll post up some pics before our feast Wednesday!

HTML:
That was my experience last time I got them from Sams, one had 4 ribs the other 3. If your wanting the beef ribs you see everyone cooking then yes those are them.

Did you have to buy a whole box of them? I don't think I've seen them for sale at the local MN Sams location

HTML:

Did you have to buy a whole box of them? I don't think I've seen them for sale at the local MN Sams location

You might ask. Usually they are in the case but sold sliced super thin for maybe Korean BBQ or something. If they have them they usually make you buy a cryovac pack (2 pieces) but not the whole case.

You might ask. Usually they are in the case but sold sliced super thin for maybe Korean BBQ or something. If they have them they usually make you buy a cryovac pack (2 pieces) but not the whole case.

Good to know. Thanks!

HTML:

Guy at the counter said they can always be ordered. You only have to buy one cryopack which is one pack of 3 and one pack of 4. A case is 8 packs. Im going to freeze them. Once I tried these I swore I never cook another brisket again. All the meat tastes like the point and you can’t screw they up. Very easy to cook. Much shorter cooking time. It’s just m3 and my wife so if we cook a packer brisket we’re good for a few weeks with meat. Don’t really enjoy the flat!

Guy at the counter said they can always be ordered. You only have to buy one cryopack which is one pack of 3 and one pack of 4. A case is 8 packs. Im going to freeze them. Once I tried these I swore I never cook another brisket again. All the meat tastes like the point and you can’t screw they up. Very easy to cook. Much shorter cooking time. It’s just m3 and my wife so if we cook a packer brisket we’re good for a few weeks with meat. Don’t really enjoy the flat!

Thanks for the tip!

My Sam's doesn't normally carry them, but they ship free and can be ordered with a short lead time of 24 hours, but never a problem with 48 hours. They are really hyping special ordering so I need to visit with them and see if it's mandatory to purchase a case or not. I do know with prime briskets, they order a case and let me buy individual ones. Here is the description and photo from NAMP of what you are after.

JXKACsw.jpg

What is the approximate weight and price of each pack?

B3VchdW.jpg

Just got back from Sam's... no more special order, my store is now carrying them full time but they are kept in the back like the chuck rolls and the like. Probably because they cut them down and mark up the price. I got a 10# pack which is two pieces, each piece has 3 ribs. The price of this pack was $63. They look to be nicely marbled, lightly trimmed on the outside face, and have a "never frozen" sticker on them which I like.

c4Lnyta.jpg

Picked them up today. Looks like I received 4 racks of short ribs. 2 3 bone and 2 4 bone racks in one pack. Says black angus grain fed. USDA choice. Tomorrow they go on the smoker! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 9C222BCE-243C-4187-8F26-380016C2D1D0.jpg
    9C222BCE-243C-4187-8F26-380016C2D1D0.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 16B5FBFB-592E-4D44-BCF9-F9840A654E75.jpg
    16B5FBFB-592E-4D44-BCF9-F9840A654E75.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 124
Back