MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 07-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #121
T&S BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I have a new, in the box, never opened Colman Roadtrip LXE blue, I will bring up if anyone is interested. I’d like to make more room in garage, asking $100.

Peoria Custom Cooker, Brinkman Smokin Pit,
Webber 22 1/2" Kettle,Smokin-it #3,Smoky Joe,Orange super fast Thermapen ,Awesome Brethren Mini, 18.5" WSM, Blackstone Pizza oven, Weber Genesis Premium Grill, Blackstone 36" stainless steel griddle, Stainless UDS
T&S BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #122
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-Chicago View Post
S&M Coffee Roasting?

Kinky
The neighbors always look at me like i am nuts

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:04 PM   #123
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Temps finally hit triple temps here (101 at my house) so I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. Just gotta get thru my third shift tonight then will be heading y'all's way Thursday afternoon. Looks my host Bill has some fun things planned.

Greg (gtr) said I should take some Blue Bell ice cream for the habanero peach cobbler but figured will try something local. What's y'all's favorite vanilla ice cream?

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:25 PM   #124
LYU370

Whatcha got planned? I might be in depending on when & where.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:21 PM   #125
frognot

Andy, not sure of anything specific, especially schedule wise. Gonna defer to Bill on this.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #126
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Whatcha got planned? I might be in depending on when & where.
Very loose with the timeline, as Friday night looks like it will be prepping pork sticks. Since prior gatherings on Friday were usually up north, I don't think it works coming from Plainfield on Friday night.

I took Friday off so some of the plan was for during the day prior to me prepping and Charles making his pie.

But here is the rough outline of a PM we sent each other yesterday. Keep in mind, my point isn't to spend 12 hours out of 36 trying to find the "best" Chicago has to offer, but Charles wants a few Chicago items and I've chosen to stay local with passable places, such as Portillo's

Quote:
My very loose outline is:

Thursday evening: Portillo's for Chicago hot dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches. Although Mad Hatchet brewery is right there, it's only open Fri-Sun. Will County Brewing is about a mile or two away from there, so that might be an option.

Thursday PM is cutting up pork shoulder and starting the Filipino marinade. Maybe stop and grab some libations for home consumption, some Midwest beers you can't get? Just kind of hang out as it will still be a 4am day for me, maybe travel will knock you out a bit.

Friday is just a couple items, everything else is flexible. I need to soak the bamboo skewers and thread pork sticks. That's probably later in the day to give the marinade as much time as possible.

Right here in little old Plainfield we have the birth of Central Texas BBQ. Not sure you ever had good BBQ. LOL, this is more of a joke, but it is good stuff, we don't have to go there (Station1 in an old fire stations). But the cool thing about Station One, you get it to go and eat next door: Garage Band Brewing.

At some point on Friday, I'd like to show you our favorite brewery, Werkforce. We've watched them grow from a tiny warehouse/tasting room to a great space with around 25 beers on tap any given time.

Stop at the store for supplies and you can make your pie. Then Saturday is picnic, these things seem to break up around 3:30p-4pm

Saturday evening, Jo's work sponsors the local minor league baseball team and she has tickets to that. I had committed to that prior to the picnic, but we'll see how things play out. Even if we only take in a few innings, right across the street from the park is, you guess it, another brewery: MyGrain.

Now if it appears when you read this that there is a lot of drinking involved, there not necessarily will be. Personally I'll just do a few 5oz tasters as I'll be driving. I'm only pointing out that depending on what we do, this town has plenty of local brewery options if we decide to partake.

Church will be Sunday morning and not sure what time you'll want to get to the airport.

And you'll be happy to hear there is no brewery near the church!

The one near the church is Black Dog Distillery, not a brewery!

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-31-2019, 03:09 PM   #127
Sweetsmoke87
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Jon

That’s a lot of breweries!
Old 07-31-2019, 03:44 PM   #128
frognot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsmoke87 View Post
That’s a lot of breweries!
It's important to stay hydrated in the summer!

Large Big Green Egg

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-31-2019, 03:51 PM   #129
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I am very sorry to say that I can no longer attend. :( I’m really bummed about it, but I had a guy quit this week and it’s put the studio behind enough that I have to play catch up by working all weekend. Have a shot of Malort for me!

Come Join the fun in the Throwdowns!

Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master

Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #130
Sweetsmoke87
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Jon

Anyone opposed to lamb? Thinking about doing a leg or two for Saturday.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:15 PM   #131
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsmoke87 View Post
Anyone opposed to lamb? Thinking about doing a leg or two for Saturday.
Love lamb, but remember, there will be a bunch of other food as well. Not sure you'll need two.

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
Old 07-31-2019, 07:17 PM   #132
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-Chicago View Post
but Charles wants a few Chicago items and I've chosen to stay local with passable places, such as Portillo's
Take him out for some real Chicago pizza. Thin crust! Yes, it's true, most Chicagoan's only eat deep dish when we take out of towners out for "Chicago Pizza".

And an Eye-talian Beef! Wet!

Old 07-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #133
Bill-Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post
I am very sorry to say that I can no longer attend. :( I’m really bummed about it, but I had a guy quit this week and it’s put the studio behind enough that I have to play catch up by working all weekend. Have a shot of Malort for me!

Shag, I'm very sorry to not see you again.

Missed you this past January.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #134
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Love lamb, but remember, there will be a bunch of other food as well. Not sure you'll need two.
I've done the arithmetic on this. If everyone brings enough food for 5 (*) We'll have 5 times as much food as we can eat.

I've also come to realize that folk appreciate the food more if there's not quite enough vs. way too much.

Hmmm... I need to evaluate my planned quantities in terms if my own advice. I probably didn't need to pick the biggest pork belly I could find at Costco today. ;) At 10 lb that's enough for 2lb/person. But a lot of fat will render out.

I like lamb, BTW.

(*) When people estimate how much food they'll need for 5, they usually bring enough for 10, just to be safe.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #135
Bill-Chicago

Quote:
Take him out for some real Chicago pizza. Thin crust! Yes, it's true, most Chicagoan's only eat deep dish when we take out of towners out for "Chicago Pizza".

A Fox's Pub (South Side) sausage well done is planned

Tavern style is all I know, never had deep dish casserole growing up, didn't exist in my 59th & Kedzie world.

The death of "willkat98"

Tags
Bash, chicago, Picnic, summer