MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Brethren ONLINE store is open.

Brethren "stuff" is becoming available....I got more stuff loaded today and have a bunch more I have on my screen that i am uploading artwork for. the store is open, but not complete.

Just to be up front about it.. the prices in cafepress are (IMO) high, but i have been told the quality is excellent. Some of the stuff is the base price and some things have 50 cents or ONE dollar built into it. No one here is gonna get rich. The reason i did that is to maybe cover the online shops own cost of a premium shop(as opposed to basic/free) which costs 60$ a year. The premium shop allows us to have more than one style of an individual item.. Whats that mean? It means, right now, A basic shop allows a tee shirt to have one type of graphic and thats it. The premium shop will allow multiple styles of the same item, a tee shirt style, with different graphics, or graphic on front only, or front and back, etc....

I am open for suggestions for any stylizing members may want. so if you think of something you feel we can add, post it and we'll see the consensus.

Whats there now..... WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/BBQBRETHREN

IT WILL BE ACTIVLY INCREASING OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

PS...
I put something real special out there for Brian under "Intimate apparel".

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I didn;t see that selection....sorry
brdbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
BBQchef33

sorry, its under "apparel. "

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 11-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Ewwww!! LOL

Nice stuff, Phil!!!

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

Phil,

Do u have one of these? http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.37780174
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

HATS HATS Where are the hats?????
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker
Phil,

Do u have one of these? http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.37780174
nope.. thats just for Brian.. (read description). .. Him and Ronelle look best in them.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 11-16-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

Are the graphics on the apparel screen print or iron on?

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #9
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
nope.. thats just for Brian.. (read description). .. Him and Ronelle look best in them.
You'all have not got a hair on your ass if'in you don't order a pair for your OL.
brdbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #10
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick
Are the graphics on the apparel screen print or iron on?
Right now i have it set to "Direct Printing". Here are the comparisons given by Cafepress.

Our current tee shirts use heat transfers and what i dont like about it is you can see the square a little bit where the transfer material is.

You can change the option as to which method you want when u place the order.

I am going to order one of each type of shirt for myslef to see what they look like......and a beer mug... and a clock.. and a coaster.... and a thong..

I am open to advice on which to use by default.. So if anyone has first hand experience.. speak up.

CafePress allows its Shopkeepers to choose which printing methods to offer with their designs, or allows the customers to pick which option best suits them. Direct Printing and Heat Transfer each have distinct benefits that you will want to consider. Please note: Sometimes, CafePress only offers one printing style on certain apparel items.
Direct Printing

With Direct Printing, we print direct-to-fabric with no transfers. The result is a matte image that moves with the garment because the ink is actually embedded in the fabric for ultimate wearable comfort. After a few washes, you will notice the great durability of Direct Printing. That means greater image staying power.

The benefits of Direct Printing
  • Great washability - no fading
  • No feel of ink on the fabric (the ink is in the fabric)
  • No cracking
  • No transfer lines
Things to keep in mind with Direct Printing
  • Colors are not as vibrant as Heat Transfer

Heat Transfer

Heat Transfer is as durable as screen-printing, but offers more detail. Heat Transfer uses heat to create a bond between the resin and the T-Shirt, locking the ink between the two layers. Heat Transfer has a slight plastic feel when first worn, however, this feel will diminish after washing.

The benefits of Heat Transfer
  • Vibrant colors - great for photos and detailed imagery
  • Good washability, fading happens over the first few washes
Things to keep in mind with Heat Transfer
  • May crack on ribbed garments
  • Has a slightly stiffer feel
  • Transfer outline may be visible with some designs
  • May yellow over time

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 11-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #11
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Thanks Phil, the site looks great! Will the banners, large magnets, etc. be added later, or will they still be through you?
Lang 60 Marie Laveau
Deep South Single Chamber Glenda
WSM 22.5 Asmarelda
22.5 OTG Samantha
Weber Genesis Mocha
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #12
BBQchef33

i am working on posters, small magnets and coasters right now. They will be up tonight.

The customized large format stuff is stil thru LUX digital and I do the customizing.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 11-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #13
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Thanks for all your hard work in all that you do towards making this the best place on the net.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
cabo
is One Chatty Farker

Man Phil.
You just keep getting better!!!

I’m thinking my Christmas shopping just got a little
easier. Especially for one cousin of mine that used
to be a vegetarian, and thanks to this site and a lot
of SH!T from me has come over to the meat side.

Guys, it’s a long and sordid story.
N.B. 'Dera (modified), gone to another place (RIP), ECCG (el cheapo charcoal grill), an Alveron propane, and wood hog cooker, bullitt type smokers, a GM Jim Bowie, a turkey fryer, and a pretty well stocked kitchen.

Cabo
Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #15
BrooklynQ
Banned

I love the "Fear the Pig" onesie for a baby. Here little piggie....
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote