Pork Chops

i like them thick cut too, then basted in mango chutney and grilled. also i will rest them in a tray covered with tin foil, then slice them and let them re-soak their own juices. if there is any leftovers i like to make cuban sandwiches the next day.
phil

I use frozen concentrated OJ and a favorite hot sauce as a glaze.

If cooking indoors, I like em' dredged in flour, then egg, then dredged in crushed salt & vinegar potato chips. They should be allowed to then rest for a bit to let the coating set so it won't peel off when it's cooked. Pan fried and then finish off in the oven.

Im with kevin...

hot grilled. simple. Maybe some herbs rubbed on first and brushed with italian dressing.

Grilled with either:

a) A grind of pepper
b) A brush with crushed garlic
c) Smeared with apple reduction (heat chopped apples in a saucepan over low heat with a little water, sugar, lemon juice and then mash with fork! - If you're feeling fancy half cinnamon stick can be added to the pan and removed before mashing)

I like mine at 1:30
enough of that
i like mine thick cut as well but i use Italian bread crumbs after i dredge

what Kevin said.

Thick or double cut, bone in if possible.
I mostly just season with a little kosher salt and grill.

for variation:
rub with a little evoo [Rachel Ray mod], some crushed garlic, and finely chopped fresh rosemary. Put in ziploc and allow to mellow on counter for a while. then grill.

Ok, if you just have to cook them inside and are trying to lo carb it;

dredge them in a mixture of crushed pork rinds and finely grated fresh parmesan cheese. Fry as usual.

Thin cut and fried for breakfast!

Thick cut and grilled for dinner. Nothing special as far as seasoning - I do use my Jaccard tenderizer on them before grilling.

Med thick, soy sauce base marinade, grill on searing hot grates with pineapple slices and served with coconut milk rice with bits of hot peppers.

Now I'm Hungry

:grin: Pan Fried light flower or Zanaran crust smothered in tomato gravy made from drippings and fresh tomatoes! For breakfast any time of the day or night. Grits and bread of choice.

Mustard-curry marinade, then grilled. I like to slice and grill a couple of apples as an accompaniment.

White wine and pan drippings = great sauce and then toss in some mushrooms

I love this place! Look at the variety of pork chop preperations! Here's my favorite...

This is from The Embers restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. The original recipe is here...

http://www.theembersdine.com/porkchop.pdf

THE EMBERS ORIGINAL ONE POUND PORK
CHOP

MARINATING SAUCE:

2 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. dark molasses
1 tsp. salt

Take soy sauce, water, brown sugar, molasses, and salt. Mix together and bring to a boil. Let cool. Put chops in a pan or large zip-top bag. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and let stand overnight in the refrigerator. Next day take pork chops out of the sauce, place in baking pan, and cover tightly with foil. Put in 375 degree oven and bake until tender, about 2 hours. While chops are baking, combine all red sauce ingredients in heavy saucepan or double boiler.

RED SAUCE:

1/3 c. water
1 (14 oz.) bottle Heinz Catsup
1 (12 oz.) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. dry mustard

Dilute dry mustard, sugar and water together leaving no lumps. Bring all ingredients to a slight boil. The red sauce is finished. After chops are tender, remove from oven and dip in the red sauce. Take chops after dipping and place in baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven or until slightly glazed. Marinating sauce and red sauce can be reused if brought to a boil and stored in refrigerator or frozen. For an extra flavor, keep at room temperature until you are ready to put on charcoal pit or grill, have grill as high as possible from coals; not a large bed of coals is needed. Place finished chops on grill, let cook slowly; a little blacking does not hurt chops and the grilling should not take more than 15 minutes. Then, you're ready to try your own version of the famous Embers One Pound Pork Chop.

Total prep time is long, but its really very simple, and the chops will knock you socks off!

I like mine lightly seasoned and fryed in a pan with sliced mango, a shot of peach schnapps, and a dabb of worchstshire sauce.

willkat98 said:
Pretty good thread.

Like Kevin and Phils thoughts, thick cut grilled high, but wouldnt it be awesome with Mista's rub?

Now I'm hungry too

got 4 thawing for tonight.

Going in the oven with a glaze of 1/2cup each butter, soy sauce, bbq sauce,while I mow the lawn.

Told the wife I wanted bacon burgers for dinner tonight, but now I have a different idea..

Back