Show your BBQ Area

ae44771e-f3ef-20f5.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I am in awe of some of these fine BBQ areas.

Still 6 weeks before my PitMaker is built, so I have a little time to make an area for myself.
It just won't compare to most of these in this thread.

This is my humble little area. The grills are on the deck. The day the photo was taken I was helping cook for a wedding rehearsal dinner of 50 people.

Last edited:
Finally feel like I can show off my labor of love. Started last summer with a 14'x21' addition off back of garage with an additional overhead door in garage wall so I can drive through if need be due to close property line issue. I put windows along each side but back is still open. I'm toying with a few ideas to be able to enclose the back for the winter but not have it permanently closed in - and I don't want to add any more garage doors. Might be as simple as a heavy canvas tarp or one with windows like used on big party tents at least for this winter. Funny thing is, I sold wifey on the idea of this addition as "storage" for lawn equipment, motorcycle, etc. It morphed into this BBQ / covered party area so now I have to build another storage shed for all the non-BBQ stuff! Worked like a charm:bow: So here are a few pics, showing construction to present.

Attachments

• Q-Bana build 1.jpg
    Q-Bana build 1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,919
  • smokestack lightning.jpg
    smokestack lightning.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,918
  • night time interior.jpg
    night time interior.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,912
  • interior from outside.jpg
    interior from outside.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,907
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,915
  • sidewall stonework.jpg
    sidewall stonework.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,916
  • view from rear.jpg
    view from rear.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,913
  • Q-bana build 4.jpg
    Q-bana build 4.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,914
  • night time.jpg
    night time.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,909
JerBQ,
Very nice. I am envious. Looks like you will have some good times in there.

JerBQ, that is a fine set-up. I like the open end so that you can get plenty of fresh air. Real nice.

JerBQ, that is a fine set-up. I like the open end so that you can get plenty of fresh air. Real nice.
Thanks! It is great to have shade, a nice open air work area and it works very well on rainy days also. I'll see about the cold this winter. The exhaust hood works fantastic, and to date is my best CL score. I anticipate that between the stick burner and my woodstove in the garage I'll be very toasty and I will be able to crack open any of the windows for some fresh air as needed. Once I get my winter "door-tarp-window" arrangement in place that is. Wifey is already making noises about putting our hot tub in there for the winter. Now THAT would be smokin' in style!

I got tired of trying to BBQ in the rain. I threatened for a couple of years to build a Patio cover.
The price of Bldg. materials is sky high.
I bought materials a little at a time, pre-painted them then did my own work.
Like the materials I did it a little at a time. It took me three weeks to build.

I should have done this years ago.

Last edited:
Back