Q: How to prepare boneless skinless chicken breasts to look good?

BDAABAT

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Howdy folks! I'd appreciate advice.

When I cook for myself and the family, I'm less focused on the look than the flavor.

I've recently been cooking for folks outside the immediate family and am realizing that the look of the food is something that I need to address,

The specific challenge: grilling boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

The issue?

I usually pound the protein until it's a more uniform thickness to help it to cook evenly. The result is something that is not always super appealing looking.

How do folks get consistent cooks on chicken breasts without the protein appearing to have been mashed with a heavy flat object (because they were!)?

Thanks in advance!
Bruce

Thanks Suds! I could do that, but would prefer to not do so. If I'm selling the stuff, I wouldn't want someone to come back and feel like they got ripped off for only getting half a chicken breast. :roll:

While looking for something else online, I happened to see an episode of Sam the Cooking Guy on Youtube where he was pounding out chicken breasts. He added some oil to the inside of the zip lok bag to help decrease the chances of the meat tearing. I tried it yesterday on a couple chicken breasts I was making for the family and it worked pretty well.

Bruce

Back