Traeger question. Fan & Smoke

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I am using the new Traeger 075. Installed Digital Thermostat.

The fan runs all the time and smoke comes in big bursts instead of steady whiffs.

Is this normal?

Yes, the fan runs continuosly and the auger drops pellets every few minutes or so. The pellets will smoke for about a minute until they ignite and then you will hear the fire roaring and there is very little smoke. At higher temperatures there will be even less smoke. Even though there is not a steady stream of smoke, it still produces great flavor, smoke rings, bark, etc....

The fan runs all the time and smoke comes in big bursts instead of steady whiffs.

Is this normal?

Is this normal?

There are two fans, one for the fire box and one for the motor. The motor fan should only come on when the auger turns. The other is constant. As far as the smoke coming in big bursts, does not sound right. Mind will have heavy smoke when it starts, but is very constant when cooking above 225*.

Was the bursts of smoke on the smoke setting?

I start mine on the smoke mode, wait 5-6 mins then dial up slowly over the next few minutes when starting. Otherwise if I turn it on cold and dial up to 250, I have smoke all over the neighborhood! Figured out too many pellets at first aint a good thing.

Pictures to follow.

But...

Here's what I think was the problem. The wind was blowing like crazy and I just couldn't see the small whiffs of smoke. It was there.

Details to follow...

Back