Tri-tip on the Hasty Bake

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Cooked a tri-tip on the Hasty Bake for the first time.

Rubbed with Rub Co Santa Maria & Original and put on with the firebox down low in the "Smoke" position with a couple of chunks of red oak:
IMG_3039.jpg

Cooked until about 110 IT and then set it up on the upper rack away from the direct heat while raising the firebox to the "Sear" setting. Gave it a few mins to heat up the cooking grill and then a quick sear:
IMG_3043.jpg

Was aiming to pull before 130 but ended up slightly over:
IMG_3045.jpg

Sliced after 20+ mins of rest. Still plenty tender & juicy:
IMG_3052.jpg

I think I'm gonna enjoy this cooker. :-D

Thx for looking!

That looks farking awesome! Great job and if that is evidence of what is going to be coming off of that cooker I know you and all your friends and family will enjoy it big time. :eusa_clap

That looks great! :clap:

Unfortunately, the Hasty Bake grill you have has been known to have some serious problems that result in toxic fumes being released into your food, which could result in serious illness or death.

As a certified Hasty Bake disposal expert, I would be happy to take it off your hands for proper burial. I'll PM you my address so you can ship it to me right away...it's the least I can do for a brethren!

:heh:

Unfortunately, the Hasty Bake grill you have has been known to have some serious problems that result in toxic fumes being released into your food, which could result in serious illness or death.

As a certified Hasty Bake disposal expert, I would be happy to take it off your hands for proper burial. I'll PM you my address so you can ship it to me right away...it's the least I can do for a brethren!

I live closer, I'll take care of it Moose. :wink:

Beautiful color on that tri tip John.

Fyi, if you want to practice some more..... Nob Hill has them for $3.99 this week, $2.99 bulk untrimmed.

Looks delicious John!!
Hope the HB works out well for you. I still love mine. :grin:

Are you SURE you're really gonna like that cooker? ;)

Looks great!

Yes Tim, I'm sure! You're going to be waiting a long long time for me to possibly change my mind. :heh:

Looks like Costco prime tri-tip, nice groceries!

I can't afford prime Steph! Just a good looking select cut.

That's awfully nice of you to offer to do that Moose! Let me think about it. :crazy:

I live closer, I'll take care of it Moose. :wink:

Beautiful color on that tri tip John.

Fyi, if you want to practice some more..... Nob Hill has them for $3.99 this week, $2.99 bulk untrimmed.

Wow, a local offer! Hmm, what to do?:noidea:

Looks delicious John!!
Hope the HB works out well for you. I still love mine. :grin:

Thanks Jeanie! Hmm, you still have your Hasty Bake and these guys didn't offer to dispose of yours. Clearly if there was a risk they'd save you before me! I smell a couple of rats... farkers. :razz:

Thanks all for the compliments!

The money shot is the tongs and flame, straight out of a gourmet BBQ magazine. Beautiful, just beautiful :thumb:. Gotta love that Hasty Bake, and Tim, you're just going to have to buy your own :mrgreen:.

Back