• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Long Beard Kettle Chicken Parts

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Heyheyheyheyhey....I'm still working out this Grilling Thing....I'm gonna get the hang of it one of these days....And practice makes perfect so....
I got me a bunch of thighs and drumettes, dusted them up real good like with a rub, (Long Beard) I've been playing around with...It's almost there......
Chicken_Thighs1.jpg

Weber Charcoal Chimney, a must have tool....
Chicken_Thighs2.jpg

I took some expanded metal I had laying around, (Doesn't everyone?) and
placed it along with a Weber Wire Charcoal Holder to make it easier to hold the coals for indirect cooking....works pretty spiffy...Notice the 90* doubled coal grates, that's a must have Weber Mod, IMHO...
Chicken_Thighs3.jpg

Flame On!!! Be very careful if you use aerosol oil to spray your grates with....But it sure is cool...HehHehHehHeh.....Fire!!!!
Chicken_Thighs4.jpg

Chicken Thighs are on!!! Weber Kettle Set To Stun.... Notice Drip Pan....Learned my lesson from the last time....Arm Hair has finally grown back......
Chicken_Thighs5.jpg

Fifteen Minutes in and.....
Chicken_Thighs6.jpg

Time to flip...
Chicken_Thighs7.jpg

Another ten minutes and they are at 165*...Then I rolled them across the direct side to crisp the skin....dancing with fire...
Chicken_Thighs8.jpg

After a few minutes of this they were at 170*. Time to pull and then put on the Drumettes....
Chicken_Wangs9.jpg

8 minutes in, time to flip...
Chicken_Wangs10.jpg

I pulled the drumettes off at 165*...
Served it up with a Peach Habanero Sauce on the side I've been playing with...Not too shabby....
All in all, Delightful!!! A wonderful way to spend a Saturday Afternoon...
Cathy has been back for thirds, so that in of itself is saying a lot...

Thanx for checking out my pix......

Just go on and send some to the east side of the state! Mighty fine looking there!

Yup. I'd chomp down a dozen of them bad boys. Nice job!

You are becoming quite the well rounded cook N8man. (Grilling AND Smoking!)

I am impressed!

Nice grill too. Sweet.

DUDE, love your idea with the expanded metal. I gotts to go buy some now. Either that or some firebricks

thansk man. That chicken looks perfect

suggestion for long cooks, well almost all cooks, is to foil the rest of the coal grate area. this helps to control the air flow and temps. also add a couple of fire bricks on the opposite side of the exp metal for better control. i also use a piece of exp metal like you do. works great.

Back