***RE-VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Shish-Kebab" Throwdown - RE-VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Shish-Kebab" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Please note that this is a RE-VOTE! The original VOTE thread had an issue that required correction. Because it probably affected voting, a RE-VOTE is now required. If you voted in the old thread, you will need to vote again in this thread.

It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Shish-Kebabs"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 3/20.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Alan In Ga[/size]
Alan_In_Ga.jpg

[size=+2]Cracklin Jeorge[/size]
Cracklin_Jeorge.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
Gore.jpg

[size=+2]Paulmark[/size]
Paulmark.jpg

[size=+2]Phubar[/size]
Phubar.jpg

[size=+2]Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]
Ricks_Tropical_Delight.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]The BBQ QB[/size]
The_BBQ_QB.jpg

[size=+2]The Pickled Pig[/size]
The_Pickled_Pig.jpg

that's the chance a person takes when they do not specify which photo is the vote thread entry. i would have prefered you picked the grill shot for me, but i left it to you and it's all in fun anyway, right?

For a moment, I considered leaving the old poll and resting on the rule that I decide and that is that. However, two things made me decide to change it. The first was that it was the last dish to receive any votes. The second was that the photo was of raw meat and I could definitely see that being the cause of no votes.

Since the last photo looked good, and I "assumed" it was the finished shot because usually people post the finished shot last, I picked it. I remember comparing it to the first photo, but only for alignment of the food and I picked the last photo recalling how smknhotmama had a bad showing with her tilted-angle photo of her pork chops. So I picked the last photo because the kabobs were straight and not at an angle. Crazy, I know, but it is a subjective process, and whatever is in your mind at the time frames that subjectivity. Any other time, any other day, perhaps I would have picked the first one.

Oh well, what's done is done now, and we have a new vote thread.

I should also point out that Alan In Ga did not mention this once, and is not how I found out about this. Once I found out though, and after thinking about it, I felt I should change it.

Whoa, now Rick's is the last to receive a vote? WTF? The competition is getting TOUGH when Rick is the last to get a vote. I never thought I would see it.

Thank you bigabyte it just took me by surprise we really enjoy the throwdown and I should have specified, Ricks right we do this for fun and have a heck of a good time doing it. Thank you again no more rookie mistakes

I was hoping you'd decide to use Rick's pic as my entry Chris. Oh well next time I'll specify to use the best looking shot as my entry regardless of who made it.

It's a fun thing we do, so, I hope we continue to enjoy without too many issues. The brethren really adapt and enjoy this throwdown. Keep it up brothers.

I see that a whole bunch of you haven't voted yet. I realize the decision this week is very tough as there are a lot of really yummy entries. So let me help you decide. First, I should note that this is a re-vote. In the original poll, Gore received only a single vote and came in last! This is a very strong indicator that every single entry is at least as good as Gore's. If in this poll, Gore's dish gets the most votes and wins, then it means that every dish is deserving of victory. A vote for Gore is therefore a vote for everyone. If Gore wins, then everyone wins! :clap2:

[Note to Chris: I don't know how I could set you up any better. Have at it.]

I noticed we only had about half of the votes too. I can only think of 3 theories...

Theory #1: Nobody from the original poll revoted, and/or a bunch of people have not voted because they are confused.

Theory #2: It's Spring Break for a lot of people, so we may just have a lot of people out of town and on the beaches getting wasted and being all naked and crazy and stuff. (I noticed I haven't seen as many posts from cowgirl or smknhotmama recently)

Theory #3: They needed convincing to cast their vote for Gore (that should be solved now).

There's only one day left for voting, so get your votes in soon!:cool:

These throwdowns keep getting tougher and tougher. I gotta admit though, that my cooking AND presentation has improved as a result of looking at these threads thinking, "I wanna cook like that!"

After looking several times I have to cast mine for Ronelle, but it was a tough decision.

Back