Thank you all!

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have been asking all sorts of questions lately about pulled pork (hispanic style for tacos) and you have all be so helpful.

I ended up pulling it at 11:30. It all disappeared shortly after. It was an absolute hit.

Thank you all so much for your help!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got one of my best compliments to date... I had multiple people tell me I should sell it. Also, was told it is better than Hill County.

I am sure they are blowing smoke up my ass... if they were it was sweet thin blue smoke because it felt great! :wink:

nice. did the new stumps make it a little easier?

Honestly... no.

I still have a lot of learning to do though. It was probably more me than the Stumps. I find it chews through Charcoal much faster than my WSM. Well, actually it needs to be refilled more but it probably uses less.

I love my stumps and need to learn how to use it still - learning curve and all. In the future when I really know how to use it, I am sure it will make a world of difference.

Don't need pron here, did you do the combined marinade thingie?

Where's the Pron?

Sadly, the only pron I have is a crappy picture someone else took. See attached.

Duguerre, I did that on sunday and was not satisfied with how the pork came out. It never got to the point where it was completely "pullable". Most of it was but a large part wasn't.

This time I made the "marinade" but put it in a pan directly under the meet and smoked the meat at 250 for 12 hours. Once it got to the point where I was happy with it, I pulled both the pork and the juices. I mixed the juices and held them in a small container. I skimmed the roughly half in of fat off the top and heat it to just under a boil. When it was time to serve, I drizzled it over the pork and kept the remaining on the side.

The pork was served with a pepper sour cream sauce, pickled red onions and a jalapeno relish all on a 5" flour tortilla.

It turned out excellent. The recipe I used for the "marinade" (that was actually used as a base for the sauce) that I got from this forum (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118493) was amazing.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-12-15 at 3.16.17 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-12-15 at 3.16.17 PM.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 41
Back