THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

82muchhomework

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
So after driving 30 mins to buy a "like new" performer for $75 off CL and finding out it was actually something called a "Happy Cooker" that was a dinosaur (the guy thought it had to be a Weber because a manual he found said "Weber" on it; shame on me), I drive out to the same area the following day to pick up a "Looks Like New" Smokey Joe for $5.

Although this guy was just about a toothless as the first and the grates were trash, I bought it cause the kettle was decent.

Now, I come find out that nobody carries grates for Smokey Joes. If you want to buy the grates, they cost around $15+shipping. After everything is said and done, you might as well buy a new one for $30.

Here's the tip: Lowes throws away their Smokey Joe demos after Weber "Pays" for them! So, if you ask the manager where to get some grates, and he offers to special order them, and you mention how having to order parts for a Weber goes against the "Weber Spirit," he might be inclined to just give them to you right off the demo. :thumb: Thanks Lowes.

Now, If only I can find out when they throw away all the demos!:becky:

Back