logo

Smoking Sausage

DavidEHickey

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Was wondering, I tried smoking sausage a month or 2 back and did 15 pounds worth, used sausage made by a local guy who used the natural casings. The sausage looked like it turned out great appearance wise but had way too much garlic or something in it and nobody really liked it. I was going to try again in a couple weeks and go to a local butcher store this time and get the sausage but they use the fake "collagen" casings. Will the artificial casings smoke alright? And what type of sausage do you prefer to smoke? Thanks
David

Was wondering, I tried smoking sausage a month or 2 back and did 15 pounds worth, used sausage made by a local guy who used the natural casings. The sausage looked like it turned out great appearance wise but had way too much garlic or something in it and nobody really liked it. I was going to try again in a couple weeks and go to a local butcher store this time and get the sausage but they use the fake "collagen" casings. Will the artificial casings smoke alright? And what type of sausage do you prefer to smoke? Thanks
David

You should always cook a small bit of your
sausage to make sure your happy with the
flavor. Unless you used garlic heads for your
smoke the too much garlic was already there
I'm wicked lucky here in Wormtown that we have
a polish market that make fresh kielbasa. thats all
I ever brought to contests when I was mentoring
fresh kielbasa and beer..
what were once vices are now habits :rolleyes:
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!

Back