Sirlion Steaks

volfan411

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
While not my favorite the local grocery store had them on sale. Should they just be grilled to medium rare?

While not my favorite the local grocery store had them on sale. Should they just be grilled to medium rare?

I feel steaks are personal. I like mine seasoned, then cooked medium rare to medium.

With that said, personally, I'd at least do a nice salt and pepper season, then grill 'em up. Enjoy!

I like them pittsburg rare. Sirloin is not too good, but I have had akashi and it wasn't too bad. It is still a steak though, so that is pretty cool.

Like "djoseph74" said, it's personal.
They're good with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. I love sauteed onions on steak.
I often do a reverse sear. I like them rare!

Thanks guys that was my plan salt and pepper and cook them to medium rare. I may have to do those sauteed onions as well.

Onions, hmmm!
sirlonsteaksandburgers0.jpg

Last birthday my girlfriend took me to a Brazillian steakhouse and the sirloin was one of my favorite items they brought around. I'm determined to find a way to someday make it that good at home. Those were done on rotisserie of course, about medium by the color.

Fresh ground pepper, salt, fresh garlic then on to a hot grill until internal of around 132 deg. Let them sit for ten minutes tented. Then cover with sauteed onions. And if you do not like them, send them my way :clap:

This is the method we used when we were on a fishing trip in Grand Isle Louisiana. Purchased a Lodge ribbed pan just to cook steaks.

[ame]http://youtu.be/LaW6h95hvbo[/ame]

Good luck,

If I'm grilling over a hot fire touching the grate, I like to cook mine about 3 minutes a side, with Salt,Pepper, Garlic Powder ect...
As soon as I pull em I put a pat of butter on each while it rest.
About 3 minutes starts to set the juices.

(3 minutes a side leaves a little 'Moo' in em. I like mine RARE.)

A sirloin is a delicious steak but is leaner than cuts such as the ribeye to care must be taken to not overcook it.:thumb:

Crush a garlic clove or two, rub it all over the surface of the meat really good, apply some EVOO, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, sear the steaks hot hot hot, serve rare to medium rare.

That's the way uh uh I like it.

Ou poivre, I made some last night out of chuck steak, its a good way to give the lesser piece of meats a little more flavor. Plus the sauce is awesome!

A high end choice sirloin is going to be much nicer than a low end select sirloin. Most of the stuff you see in decent steak houses is going to be at the high end of choice or better grade.

This is why you can sometimes find a great sirloin in a steak house. The stuff you find in your average grocery store is going to be select with hardly any marbling.

Maybe places like Costco, Sam's Club, or high end grocers/meat markets will have better quality sirloins.

Thanks guys they turned out awesome. I cooked them 3 and a 1/2 minutes per side on my OTS over RO lump. Sorry I do not have any pics but all I have is an ipad and pic quality is terrible.

Back