• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any tips to give on smoking a 10# Pork tenderloin on UDS?

HARRYSTOWN

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I bought a huge boneless Pork Tenderloin at sam's today (almost 10 pounds) to cook on UDS tomorrow. So far, I have only cooked 4 slabs of spares on the UDS so not sure what to expect with the tenderloin. Do you usually serve it sliced or pulled?
Thanks.

What you have is a back loin. Tenderloins max out at 3 lbs. :biggrin:

Smoke it at 230 ish till 140, glaze, rest and slice thin for juicy tender pork.

Thanks. When you say "glaze" is there a expected way to do it? In or out of foil?
Is it just long enough over a higher heat to "set" the glaze? Last time I sauced then foiled ,put back on grill and the sauce burned..

Thanks. When you say "glaze" is there a expected way to do it? In or out of foil?
Is it just long enough over a higher heat to "set" the glaze? Last time I sauced then foiled ,put back on grill and the sauce burned..

No foil, glaze meaning sauce, i just let it melt on as its finishing cooking.
Loosely tent to rest.

It's a pork loin, not a tenderloin. I pull mine at around 140-145 then rest for 15 mins or so. I like it with just a little rosey pink in the middle. It's a very lean piece of meat so dont' go over 155 or it will be dry for sure IMHO. Slice and serve

When I get a whole pork loin like that, I like to cut mine down in half. Then I cut one half into two 2.5 lb roasts and the other half as boneless pork chops.

I totally agree with everyone else on the internal temps, don't go past 150f or it'll end up dry after resting.

When I do a pork roast, I like to tie it to try to keep it uniform size like this.

DSC_0129resized.jpg

Here is a cajun rub that works really nice with pork loin (courtesy National Pork Board). I've used it several times and like it.

2-pound pork loin roast
3 tablespoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons thyme
2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

I like to slice ours thinly. When I want a little different presentation, I like to stuff the slices with some dirty rice or stuffing like this.

DSC_0172resized-1.jpg

Good luck and enjoy!

Great advice from the loin experts. My only comment is I hope there are pictures somewhere along the way of your cook.

Great advice from the loin experts. My only comment is I hope there are pictures somewhere along the way of your cook.

"Loin Experts"...hmmm...interesting title for us! :-D

What you have is a back loin. Tenderloins max out at 3 lbs. :biggrin:

Smoke it at 230 ish till 140, glaze, rest and slice thin for juicy tender pork.

A good cherry BBQ sauce goes great with that. ;)

Thanks for the help. Today was my first Fatty Cook. Tomorrow I start the loin. there will be pron, good or bad.

100% agree on cooking.

I like an apple glaze.

Apple jelly, apple juice and some brown sugar.

Mmmmm

fil

Back