• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from the Valley of the Sun

lzbcook

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I too have been lurking and reading for awhile, and really enjoy gathering information on outdoor cooking.
We recently moved from Western Wa. to Mesa, Az and things are warming up. I don't have much more carpentry in me, and look foreward to spending more time doing what I love- cooking what I like to EAT! I hope to get much better at that, and I think I've found a great source of information in a friendly, enjoyable, and obviously knowledgeable group of people!
Been burning and making some tough dry meat for a long time now,, and although there have been some spectacular(to us) successes that keep be buying charcoal and chips n chunks, I need lots of improvement.
Plan to build an UDS as soon as we get some medical issues taken care of.
Weber perfomer, little chief, old uniflame gasser, some little kettles (there are only 2 of us), wasted money on an oilfree turkey fryer(doesn't work for me), real turkey fryer, tongs, chimney, weber electronic thermometer(helped a lot), old slow cooker with temp controller I put together with stuff from the interweb,, good shovel for digging burial holes for some of my creations.
Pretty much not computer friendly beyond reading. Hope I did this correctly.
TLDR: Hi

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. Was a former Mesa resident 1969 to 1995.

Thanks for the welcome Cowgirl and BillN
I enjoyed reading and picturdz on your blog for a couple lf hours last Sunday. Tanks for that too!
BillN, any advice to offer on summering in Mesa?

Thanks for the welcome Cowgirl and BillN
I enjoyed reading and picturdz on your blog for a couple lf hours last Sunday. Tanks for that too!
BillN, any advice to offer on summering in Mesa?

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it!

Wow, advice for summers in Mesa, bottom line it's going to be hot, especially in June, July and August when its still triple digits at midnight. Other than that make sure your house and vehicle AC are working. You will get used to it, oh and drink lots of water and keep water in your vehicle and wear a hat.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the Brethren

Wow, advice for summers in Mesa, bottom line it's going to be hot, especially in June, July and August when its still triple digits at midnight. Other than that make sure your house and vehicle AC are working. You will get used to it, oh and drink lots of water and keep water in your vehicle and wear a hat.

Good advice. I was stationed at MCAS (H) Yuma Arizona for a summer. You carry water in the trunk before you carry extra gas :shocked:

Thanks Aussietitch and Toymaster for the welcome!
I"ll bet it got hot in uniform doing what Marines do.
Last year we were in Mesa in mid june and it got up to 118 F
my energy disappeared that day. Had to have siesta. woke up with a desire for grilled chicken. had to get a potholder to open the outside door as the door knob was HOT!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to AZ and the board only 103 right now at 411th Ave by Tolleson AZ!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Hi all ... Like many who have preceded me !!! I'm a newbie on here and wish to extend my good wishes to everyone involved with the forum .. So new to the forum in fact, I may not be posting this in the correct thread..
I'm sure I'll be forgiven this potential error and get enough support to 'adjust my sails' for future posts etc:: ... Cheers from the UK ..

Welcome and yes, you will definitely find a wealth of information to improve your cooking skills. Hope to hear about your successes more often than non-successes.

Hi all ... Like many who have preceded me !!! I'm a newbie on here and wish to extend my good wishes to everyone involved with the forum .. So new to the forum in fact, I may not be posting this in the correct thread..
I'm sure I'll be forgiven this potential error and get enough support to 'adjust my sails' for future posts etc:: ... Cheers from the UK ..
I forgive you.:laugh::laugh::laugh::crazy:

Back