Headed to Galveston, TX

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We leave tomorrow headed to Galveston to see my Mom and grandmother. We're actually flying into Austin and driving to Galveston so hopefully we will stop and get some great BBQ along the way. Plan to meet up with Against the Grain and have a beer or three while I'm there.

Any other brethren close to Galveston?

Have a good visit. Depending on your route, looks like you might be passing through Elgin and their sausages. Or you can go a little out of the way and hit Lockhart. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have no shortage of great Q during your visit.

Unfortunately, the quickest route goes down the 71 to the 10. Anyone know any good que places along that route? Jorge gave me one around Columbus. What else is out there?

If you divert to Hiway 59 there is Hillje's BBQ in El Campo. Great sausages there.

There is also Steve's BBQ along 610 North Loop along about Shepherd St. there is an awesome BBQ baked potato waiting for you.

Anywhere but Pappas BBQ along 45 South. They Suck. Even I know that!!

I'm gonna take the toll road to avoid the city traffic. I'll probably hit Houston about 6pm. Maybe we'll just grab something in Austin. MrsMista is up for diversions after a 3 hour plane ride.

Mista, just before you get into Galveston, North of La Marque, Dickinson on FM 517 has a great BBQ place. Go east on 517 from I-45 for about 1 1/2 miles. Called A. J.'s BBQ.

WE just might check that out Pissy. We've been in TX since Saturday and haven't had any BBQ yet. Had a real good Oyster Po-Boy yesterday and two really good breakfasts at a local diner.

We also had a sausage tasting last night. Two different sausages and a boudin with my own mustard sauce. Creole mustard and peach preserves. Sounds weird but it was tasty!

Enchillasagna013.jpg

A.J.'s Meat Market and Smokehouse
4908 FM 517 Dickinson
281-337-7777

Hey Bigmista...if you are flying out of Austin going home come back west on IH 10 to 183N...run right through Lockhart and into Austin. I know it's out of the way, but since you were a SWTSU guy, you know how the Q in that town is. Or come on further on I10 and exit 591. A right, a left, and I will feed you and MrsMista.

Dolly is getting close.

You and the family stay safe.

We're out of there. We're at the airport in Austin, waiting to board. We went to AJ's. I'll tell you about it when we get home.

Nope.! It was good. The food smells and sights were all spot on. Smokey smells inside and out. Dark wood walls. Guys cutting meat without gloves. Sausage on a stick.

You done good. Nice call Pissy!

297615069_1011289307_0.jpeg

Nope.! It was good. The food smells and sights were all spot on. Smokey smells inside and out. Dark wood walls. Guys cutting meat without gloves. Sausage on a stick.

You done good. Nice call Pissy!

297615069_1011289307_0.jpeg
See, trp1fox??? I do know goos BBQ. :biggrin:<chest puffing>

Back