Disappointed But Not Surprised!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The guy in our office building cafe' talks a great BBQ game. He has all the lingo down pat and even demonstrates some practical Q' know-how! Yesturday he brought his smoker in to cook ribs for the friday lunch crowd. I was one of the first in line to get a good BBQ treat; but I got tricked instead! :mad:

The ribs looked par-boiled and I think they were. The meat was not pulled back on the bone, they had no smoke ring, no smoke flavor and were very tough! :twisted:

They did have a nice rub that had obviously been sprinkled on just before serving. The guy at the cash register said: "These ribs have been smoked AND barbecued!". Well, I knew then I had wasted my 5.99 and gotten exactly what I paid for! :twisted:

Now, I have to do some real ribs or I will simply go nuts!!!

Arrest that man for crimes against 'que! Now you gotta show 'em how it's done....

Cook some ribs in the microwave and ask him to put a BBQ finish on them for you.

Yep, grew up just north of Indy worked at a fine mens club near Parnell's for a time:lol: I used to order their rib tips damn gooood :mrgreen:

thunter said:
Dustaway,

You know about Purnells? Are you from Indy?

A guy I work with is like that, brings in a crockpot o' mystery meat, $.99 bottle of sauce and proclaims its BBQ! Tells me he's experimenting with sauces, so I tell him to bring it and I'll bring the pulled pork. I put out a tray of butt and a tray of shoulder, and he pulls out that bottle and wants to mix it into the pork and I almost chit! I tell him I'd like to have people taste the meats and give me their opinion and to have the sauce on the side. He's kinda miffed but WTF. Luckily I had a bottle of Stubbs with me as a backup cuz his tasted like crap! I got raves for meats and a few even liked his sauce.
Like Mike Mills said " you can put on all the sauce you want.....

I love people that talk a good game, but when it comes to doing it they cut so many corners it's embarassing

grillfella said:
I love people that talk a good game, but when it comes to doing it they cut so many corners it's embarassing

...and then the yo-yo opens up a "BBQ Joint" thinking that he's gonna make a killin'! Probably thinks that Arby's has good roast beef sammies too.
Dave

Back